Chapter 8: Crystal-Clear

Fortunately, the darkness hid May's gigantic blush that covered her whole face after Ash touched a very private part of her body. Of course, she knew that it wasn't Ash's fault, but it confused her even more that she didn't know how to react to that.

" ... " Ash didn't move a single muscle right now.

Suddenly, Pikachu found his trainer's leg within the darkness before he climbed to Ash's shoulder.

Realizing that he didn't caress his rodent at all, the raven-haired boy grew a gigantic blush as well that was hidden by the darkness as well.

A strange silence enveloped the whole cave.

Now, Eevee found her trainer before she climbed to the brunette's shoulder.

"Pika? / Vee?" The two Pokemon were slightly confused why it was that quiet.

Finally, Ash found his composure again, at least most of it.

"*cough* ... Fortunately, we found everyone ..." Ash said nervously, but May didn't respond to that right now. Apparently, the brunette carried her egg container under her left arm, that's why Ash took her right hand before he leaded her out of the short tunnel.

May didn't fight against this, but she looked to the ground.

For the second time, Ash found the exit of the tunnel and the group stepped out of the cave.

Looking away from each other, May and Ash would prefer not to talk about this incident, but they couldn't remain silent for the rest of the day either. Before their Pokemon became too confused, May decided to break the silence.

"Thank you for helping me out of the cave, Ash ..." May said unsurely.

"What are friends for?" Ash asked rhetorically, although he still looked away.

Aipom didn't like this slow pace at all and the monkey took the leadership again before she looked for the way. The tunnel leaded them to a higher place, but they still weren't near the top of this mountain.

Butterfree left the head of his trainer to fly in front of him.

"Do you want to tell me something, Butterfree?" Ash asked curiously and he felt relieved that his Pokemon interacted with him at this moment.

The butterfly repeated its name several times before he flew some feet away from Ash.

"Why didn't I think about this earlier?" Ash wondered aloud. "Of course, you know this location better than anyone else of our group and you should show us the way to the peak of this mountain area!"

The butterfly nodded several times before he floated slowly along the way that should lead his group to the top of the location. Actually, nobody had something against this decision.

Once again, Aipom used the branches of the trees to move forward.

Eevee and Pikachu stayed on the shoulders of their respective trainers and Beautifly watched the flying Butterfree from May's head.

Not very surprising that their wasn't much conversation.

The complex mountain area consisted of multiple hills, multiple smaller canyons, large rocks, small grassland areas here and there, several cliffs on every side and a mysterious nature.

Eventually, Ash heard the swoosh of water and the raven-haired trainer became curious.

"Butterfree, could you lead us to those noises?" Ash asked.

Of course, his butterfly didn't mind.

Meanwhile, May was able to look to Ash again and she wished that she could know how Ash thought about this weird incident within the cave. Strangely enough, the brunette wasn't even mad at her friend.