Chapter 3: Not everyone's looking for the same

On the one hand, it wasn't unusual that May carried or watched over Ash's hat, but on the other hand, Ash had never wore a bandana, let alone the one of May. Unfortunately, the raven-haired trainer needed to give May some kind of answer, because it became obvious that he struggled with his thoughts.

"Uh ......" Ash didn't know what to say.

"Oh, .... stupid idea, right?" May said with a disappointed voice, but she yelled mentally at herself within her mind for coming up with such a stupid idea. Of course, her bandana wasn't equal to Ash's hat, at least in her opinion.

"No-no-no! It's not a stupid idea, May! It's just surprising to think about it, because I'm used to see your bandana on your head." Ash explained, not wanting that May would feel bad.

Brock couldn't remember that he had ever seen Ash like that, because the Kanto-trainer seemed rather nervous around the brunette, especially when she suggested to swap their bandana and his hat. It wasn't Brock-style, but Ash had his first embarrassing moment while talking with an individual from the other gender.

"Actually ...." May smiled again. " ... I think that you wouldn't look that bad with a bandana, mister Pokémon master."

"Well, it seems that Aipom insists that you wear my hat .... " Ash looked to his monkey that still sat on May's shoulder to make sure that her trainer wouldn't take the cap away from the girl. "Maybe it'll give us some luck for our hunt."

"Is that a yes?" May asked carefully.

"Yeah ...." Ash replied unsurely, because there was one problem though. " .... however, I don't know how to wrap a bandana around my head."

Giggling, May knew that Ash wasn't the best when it came to clothing, because his mother still needed to remind him to change his underwear after all. On the other hand, it wasn't that easy to wrap a bandana around your head, so she could understand Ash's inability to do that on his own.

Removing Ash's hat for a short moment from May's head, Aipom had again this smile on her face that indicated that everything followed her plan. After she unwrapped her red bandana from her head, May looked thoughtfully at the cloth that had been part of her since the start of her journey.

The monkey then put the trainer-hat onto May's hair before the brunette walked to Ash, but she still pretended to look at her bandana though. It became quite embarrassing for her to walk that close to Ash, because she still fought with her feelings that she felt towards him.

Max didn't look very happy, because he would love to wear Ash's hat, but now his sister was allowed to have it during the hunt. It was a simple case of jealousy, although Max knew that Ash and May were best friends anyway.

There wasn't much to say about Pikachu, because the rodent didn't see a reason why the two teenagers shouldn't swap items for fun. As long as Ash would still be the trainer of him, Pikachu wouldn't mind anything about this situation.

Ash was quite confused when May started to circle around him before she stood behind him.

Blushing heavily, May put her bandana on her fanny pack before she lifted her hands to touch Ash's hair. Of course, she was embarrassed and shy, but she couldn't deny that it made her some kind of happy to help Ash with that task.

"Uh ... May, what are you doing?" Ash asked with a shocked impression when May caressed his hair.

"I-I ..... I just need to straighten your hair, so ..... Uh ... that my bandana looks good on you ... " May replied, being surprised about her own actions right now.

"Oh, .... Okay ..." Ash replied quietly, although he liked it somehow when May caressed his hair like that. It was embarrassing for him as well though, because his mum had been the last person that 'worked' on his hair when he was still at home.