Chapter 16: Advancing with new friends / Epiloquge

Two curious eyes looked impatiently towards a grey oval-like object, but no matter how long the boy stared at it, the egg didn't do anything and that wouldn't change anytime soon.

"It has already been five weeks and it still didn't hatch." Max said sadly.

"Don't be too impatient, darling." Caroline, who cleaned up the room, said with a comforting voice. "Nurse Joy already told you that your Pokemon egg is completely fine and that you just need to wait."

"I know ..." Max responded, sighing.

"I would like to vacuum the carpet now; could you leave the room until I'm finished?" Caroline asked.

"Well, okay, but don't push the egg off the table, mum." Max said sternly.

"I would never!" Caroline said playfully before Max left the living room of the house.

Walking through the corridor, Max decided to 'visit' the greenhouse of the house and soon, the boy opened the backdoor before he entered the nature part of their residence.

It still looked great and the sun shone through the glass of the greenhouse.

Beneath some plants, Skitty cooed sweetly, sleeping and the cat-like Pokemon was carefree.

"I wonder how sis and Ash are doing right now ..." Max said to no one in particular.

Hearing the noises of the vacuum cleaner from inside the house, Max wondered how many days it would take until he would meet his new friend from inside the egg.

Suddenly, an individual landed on Max's head and the boy already knew who it was.

"What's up, Beautifly?" Max asked, looking up to see the face of the butterfly.

"Beautifly Fly!" The butterfly said.

Max understood what she asked. "I'm sorry, but the egg still didn't hatch ... *sigh*"

Now, another bug-type appeared next to Max and Butterfree greeted Max as well on this beautiful day, but of course, he noticed that the boy was sad that the egg just didn't want to hatch already.

"I guess, you would love to know as well, which Pokemon is within my Pokemon egg, right?" Max asked rhetorically. "Scott said that it could take up to 8 weeks until the egg hatches, but I'm not sure if I'm able to wait another three weeks ..."

Butterfree and Beautifly tried to cheer up the boy.

"Thanks for your support, you two." Max said before he wondered. "Perhaps I should look what dad is doing ... hmm ... See you later, you two."

Max waved quickly to the two butterflies before he left the greenhouse again.

Beautifly and Butterfree looked after the boy before they continued to spend this great day in the tropical greenhouse of the Maple residence.

Entering another part of the residence, Max looked for his father.

Norman wasn't within his study, but suddenly, Max heard noises from the gym and the small boy shook slightly his head, because he knew that his father was in a match right now.

As soon as Max entered the gym, he saw that his father battled a challenger.

"Slaking, use Hyper beam!" Norman ordered decisively.

Creating the powerful beam, Slaking shot it directly onto the challenger's Pokemon, which was a Tyrogue and the attack hit full on. After the dust disappeared, Tyrogue laid with curls in his eyes on the ground.

"Tyrogue is unable to continue the match and the challenger is out of useable Pokemon, therefore the winner of the match is Norman, Maple, gym leader of Petalburg!" The referee announced the official end of the match.