Chapter 10: Goodbye?

"Do you have a plan, Ash?" May asked unsurely.

Instead of explaining it slowly from the distance, Ash walked to May before he explained quickly what he intended to do. During the conversation, the brunette turned to the lake and it seemed that she thought heavily about Ash's plan.

"What do you think about it?" Ash asked after his explanation.

"Wow! That's a very good combination, Ash, but are you sure that it won't hurt Onix too much?" May asked.

"I'm sure!" Ash replied enthusiastically.

Eventually, both trainers agreed on the plan and Ash turned back to the fight between Butterfree and the Crystal Onix. Dodging the attacks, Ash's butterfly showed an incredible endurance.

"BUTTERFREE!" Ash shouted loudly. "We have a plan to end this battle and at first, you need to lure Onix to the lake again!"

Butterfree didn't know why he should lead Onix to the lake, but the bug-type wouldn't deny his trainer's orders. Dodging more attacks, Butterfree mocked the crystal creature before he flew towards the lake.

Fortunately, Onix followed without hesitation.

Ash and the others stepped to the side.

When Onix entered the lake again, without withdrawing its gaze from Butterfree, he sank several feet down, but Crystal Onix was still over the surface for the most part.

"Beautifly, it's your turn to help Butterfree, okay?" May said to her butterfly, which immediately flew towards the battlefield as well. "Please, stay safe!"

"Pikachu, are you ready?" Ash asked and received a nod from the rodent. "Well, let's start this then!"

"Butterfree / Beautifly!" May and Ash shouted to their Pokemon. "Use Whirlwind!"

Immediately, Butterfree and Beautifly flapped with their wings, a strong wind blew over the lake and two small tornados appeared on the lake that quickly turned into waterspouts when they absorbed the water from the lake.

Being surrounded by the spouts, Onix didn't look very concerned, seemingly not being intimidated by water at all.

Eventually, the spouts hit the Crystal Pokemon and for a few seconds, Onix was enveloped by water.

"Let's go, Pikachu! Thunder!" Ash shouted.

The yellow electro-type agreed, but suddenly, Eevee appeared behind the rodent and put one of her paws on Pikachu's arm. Of course, the mouse was confused, but suddenly Pikachu started to glow and the rodent felt that he became stronger.

"Eevee? You know Helping Hand?" May was quite confused.

"That's great!" Ash said enthusiastically and after Eevee, Ash and the others were out of range, Pikachu released an enormous thunder attack that shot into the sky before it crashed down onto the ground again.

Meanwhile, both spouts were extinguished by the Crystal Onix when some parts of the snake rotated into the opposite direction of the water tornados. However, Pikachu's thunder crashed down onto the Pokemon and due to the water, Onix received a huge electrical shock.

" ... " May looked on and she felt pity for the Pokemon.

"Don't worry, May!" Ash said with a comforting voice. "It doesn't hurt him too much. Let's continue!"

Indeed, Onix didn't look as if he was in pain, but he was nevertheless paralyzed after this thunder.

"Okay, Ash!" May concentrated again. "Beautifly, use another Whirlwind, but this time try to keep it above the water!"