Chapter 4: Four eyes see more than two

May looked slightly puzzled to Ash, because the boy called her 'his girl', although they weren't a couple after all. The more time she spent with Ash, the more it confused her, because their whole student-mentor relationship seemed to develop into something else.

"I'm your girl?" May asked carefully.

All of sudden, Ash realized his words and he didn't know why he said them.

May's blue eyes stared at the raven-haired boy, who needed to come up with an explanation.

"I'm sorry, May! I shouldn't have said that ..." Ash apologized.

"You don't have to be." May responded sheepishly, looking away from the boy and quoting a sentence from Ash that he said one minute earlier.

Before something could happen, Aipom jumped down from her tree to remind the trainers that they had a quest to fulfill. As hyperactive as ever, the monkey didn't want to waste any time anymore, that's why she climbed already onto the next tree.

"Shall we continue?" Ash asked with a smile.

"Everything else wouldn't be acceptable for Aipom, right?" May responded, although her heartbeat was still slightly increased due to all of the touches and words with Ash.

"Right and I think that my clothes will dry faster when we walk through the woods." Ash answered.

Pikachu and Eevee sat on the ground and the two Pokémon were relieved that their trainers were alright, although they behaved weirdly at times. Nevertheless, the group of six could continue their search for the Pokémon eggs on the other side of the river.

With Aipom as their leader, the group walked through the forest again while looking to every side to find a possible hideout of an egg.

Ash was lost in his thoughts for a few seconds.

Why did I say my girl ... She's my friend, but not my girl ... however... someone told me once that May's my girl ... who was it? ... I can't remember it ...

...........

"ACHOO!!!!"

"Can't you be quiet?" Jesse covered the mouth of James, because the purple-haired man had nothing better to do than to sneeze while his group had been hiding within a bush, only some feet away from the organizer, Scott.

Scott turned his head to the woods and the Hawaii-shirt wearing man wondered who sneezed.

Fortunately, Scott didn't intend to look for the cause and Team Rocket could again look to the map that showed the locations of the Pokémon eggs. Moreover, they intended to get as many Pokéballs of the trainers as possible, but Officer Jenny didn't leave them alone.

"Why can't we just take the map?" Jesse seemed to be inpatient.

"When they zee that we steal the map, they'll immediately start to increaze the security. If we want to get the eggz without any interruption, we will need to let them think that everything's okay." Meowth explained logically.

Out of the blue, one of Jesse's Pokéballs opened and a familiar Pokémon escaped from it.

"Wobbu~ffet!" The psychic Pokémon 'saluted' before Jesse recalled it immediately.

"I think I have an idea!" Meowth said with a smirk.

Jesse and James looked at their third member before the cat explained his plan to them. It wasn't something revolutionizing, but it was Team Rocket style, that's why it 'should' work, at least in their opinion.

Scott read some letters.

"Oh, could someone please help us?" Scott heard a voice that called for help.