Chapter 13: Friends just help each other

Eevee stayed with her trainer and the small fox licked consolatory the cheek of May, trying to keep her awake. At the moment, May shouldn't start to lose her conscious, at least not until she ate one of those Poison Curing Berries.

"Vee!" The small fox tried to talk with her trainer.

"Don't worry, Eevee ..." May breathed still steadily. "It's not as bad as it looks like ..."

Nidoran stayed next to May and the small and young rabbit felt that he needed to help somehow; however, he didn't know what he could do to help. Nevertheless, Nidoran rolled the second egg container next to the first one to keep them together.

Unfortunately, it was still very warm and that didn't do May's fever any favors.

The brown-haired coordinator wasn't too concerned though, because she knew that Ash did everything in his power to help her.

He's doing it again ... he helps me without hesitation and he didn't even blame me for the situation, although it was my fault that I jumped in front of the attack ... Eevee could have attacked instead ... Ash never disappointed me ...

"We're lucky to have Ash around, Eevee ..." May said with a smile. "He's a hero ... He's my hero ..."

Now, May started to cough and a lot of sweat dropped down from her forehead, however, May didn't complaint about her bad condition.

The brown fox started to remove some sweat from May's forehead before she started to wag with her tail to cool her trainer down a bit. It wasn't much, but Eevee could just hope that Ash and Pikachu would come back soon enough.

"Nido!" Nidoran tilted its head.

"Don't worry, Nidoran *cough* ..." May said before she slowly put a comforting hand on Nidoran's head. "We promised you to find your friend and that's exactly what we will do!"

The small rabbit seemed to lose its fear of humans.

Fortunately, Beautifly came back and the butterfly held the bottle with cold water within her small arms. Like Ash said, the water was ice cold and it should help to control May's fever as long as Ash and Pikachu weren't back.

At first, Eevee removed Ash's hat from May's head.

Then, Beautifly dropped some water onto Eevee's tail to soak it with the cold liquid. Of course, Eevee shivered, but she immediately put her tail across May's forehead to decrease the temperature and indeed, it helped the brunette to survive the next minutes.

"Thank you, you two ..." May said with a smile. "I didn't know what I would do without you ..."

Beautifly and Eevee did everything what they could and it was now up to Ash and Pikachu to cure May from the poison that still bothered her. With Beautifly creating more cold wind, May would wait as long as it would take for Ash to come back.

...................

Dashing through the woods, Ash looked to the top of the trees in an attempt to find a tree with poison curing berries, but as of now, he hadn't been very lucky. Just like him, Pikachu tried to sense some of them, but unfortunately, the whole forest was full with different scents.

"Come on, Ash! Kurt told you so much about berries that I should be able to know how they look like!" Ash talked to himself, trying to remember what he learned in Jotho and Hoenn.

Pikachu still looked around.

"What was its name? ... - - - Poison Curing berry ... Pecha berry! Exactly!" Ash knew the name, but now, he needed to remember how it looked like.