Chapter 14: All the words that I saved in my heart that I left unspoken

May knew that there wasn't a way back anymore, although she didn't say anything so far. However, if she didn't tell him now, she would regret it with lovesickness and self-blame for sure.

With the sun being disappeared behind the horizon, May wouldn't move an inch until she would confess.

"There's something very important that I want to get off my chest ..." May explained calmly before taking another deep breath. "I'm sure that I'll explode if I don't say it now, although I'm afraid of your eventual answer."

"You don't need to be afraid of - - -" Ash wanted to say.

"Ash, please don't interrupt me!" May said sternly, although she didn't intend to sound mean. "I want to say everything that I haven't been able to tell you since I started to feel the way I feel and it's better if you don't stop me before that."

Ash was slightly intimidated by her, but he wouldn't deny her request.

Pikachu, Eevee and the other Pokemon were completely silent now and apparently, they sensed that the brunette would say something that would change their lives. Sitting down at the edge of the clearing, the Pokemon didn't want to disturb May now.

Eventually, it was completely silent.

May saw the look of uncertainty on Ash's face, who was completely caught off guard right now.

Please, shooting star .. Fulfill my wish ...

" ..." May continued after some moments of silence. "You told me that you wondered why I have been so distant, lost in my thoughts, depressed and strange since the Grand Festival, right? To be honest, it didn't even start at the Festival, but even earlier than that."

Ash listened, but he was very concentrated.

" ... You have been on my mind, Ash ... it was you the whole time ..." May revealed.

The raven-haired trainer had a look of guilt on his face, because he feared that he hurt May somehow.

"I can't exactly say when I started to fell different about you ..." May continued, looking slightly unsurely as well. "I guess, it just happened subconscious and due all our adventures that we have been through."

Now, it became confusing for Ash.

"During my first day as a Pokemon trainer, I met you and I can't even imagine what would have happened if we didn't meet during this day, Ash. To be honest, I pleaded you to accompany me on my journey, because I didn't want to learn all the trainer's stuff on my own and you have been a very likable person since then."

Ash looked concentrated to May, reliving this moment as well.

"Do you remember Oscar and Andi? They told us that we were more than friends ..." May explained and for the first time since she had started this confession, May blushed. "Back then, we were very naïve, weren't we?"

Looking through his thoughts, Ash remembered that scene as well.

"I started to feel better and stronger around you." May continued, seemingly having the strength to continue. "I didn't think much about it in Hoenn, but every time I saw you, my heart made a jump."

"Well, after our journey in Hoenn, we had to split up for some time." May talked more and more. "When you were away, I yearned for your presence and as soon as I got the possibility to visit you, I took it."

Butterfree listened extremely carefully, because he didn't know all of that.

For some reason, Ah started to feel flattered and his heartbeat increased slightly.