Chapter 5: You win some, you lose some

May couldn't tell why, but she enjoyed the moment more than she could have expected. Although she had traveled with Ash for so long, there had never been too much physical contact between her and the raven-haired boy.

On the other hand, Ash was slightly confused, because his friend already had tackled him out of this dangerous situation, yet she refused to let him stand up.

"I guess, I owe you something ..." Ash cut the silence and he smiled sheepishly, which caused May to blush again.

It started to become a moment with two teens that laid within a grassland on a sunny day. Normally, it could have been quite romantic, but both teens weren't used to such a situation, that's why it became more embarrassing than sweet.

Eevee, Pikachu, Beautifly and Aipom feared that their trainers were hurt.

"Uh ... May? Are you alright?" Ash asked carefully.

Like a startled cat, May jumped to her feet before she hid her tomato red face from her friends. Of course, she was happy that she could save her friend, but now she was afraid that she wouldn't be able to control her confusing emotions anymore.

While Ash was sitting on the ground, Pikachu and Eevee approached him to show him the egg container that they saved. Caressing his rodent's head, the Kanto trainer praised him and May's Pokemon for their work.

Immediately, Aipom took the egg container and looked at it from every perspective.

Of course, everyone should celebrate their first found egg, so Ash looked to May again.

"May, don't you want to see what kind of egg we found?" Ash shouted enthusiastically.

The brunette heard Ash's word and although Ash didn't talk about this incident, May wasn't sure what Ash thought about it. Skipping slowly to her group, the coordinator intended to apologize for her tight hug that she gave the boy.

"Sorry for that tackle and ... this tight hug." May said sheepishly.

"Why should you be sorry, May? Without that tackle, I would probably be much thinner now." Ash joked. "Moreover, why should you feel sorry for a hug?"

"Well ... you know ... I'm a girl ... you're a boy ... I thought ..." May stuttered when she tipped her fingertips multiple times together, looking to the ground.

Of course, Ash was too dense to notice May's problem.

"Okay ..." Ash tried to see the problem, but perhaps May thought that she didn't deserve to give the raven-haired boy a hug. "I actually enjoyed our hug."

"Really?" May said carefully, but once again, Aipom interrupted their conversation when the monkey tried to remove the top of the egg container. Like always, Aipom's curiosity got the best of her, but Ash already shook his head.

"Aipom! Did you forget that you need a password to open the egg container?" Ash said with a chuckle before he lifted the container off the ground. With Aipom and Pikachu sitting on Ash's shoulders, May caught Eevee who jumped into her arms.

Everybody looked through the transparent sides of the object.

"At least, I can say that it's not an Eevee or a Phanpy egg." Ash said.

May remembered that the egg of her Eevee had been light brown with a significant design, but this egg had another color. Of course, the small fox pressed curiously her nose against the egg container, although she couldn't imagine to have been an egg herself.

"It's orange with a ... well ... flame-like design ..." Ash explained.

"If we don't find a second egg in time, we won't learn what kind of Pokemon is in it." May said quietly.