Assistant or Babysitter?

"Chesh, Cach!" 

A medium blue rubber ball swished right past his nose as Church leaned back just in time to avoid it. Not that it would do anything besides bounce off of his face and down onto the floor, but he preferred not to get smacked while trying to work. He knew that bringing a little kid to work would be a pain, but when he'd tried to hire a babysitter Hanna just cried until he came back home... forty minutes later after several panicked phone calls.

"Hanna, what have I told you about throwing things in my office?"

The little boy plopped down on his bum and pouted, grabbing his tiny tennis shoes by the toes. 

"Don't you do that, you know it won't work. Time out young man." 

Hanna looked down at the dark blue carpet, but when Church didn't speak again he slowly got to his hands and knees and crawled beneath the desk to lay on his dog bed. Church was just about to get back to work when a knock sounded on the double doors leading to the hall.

"Come in."

His secretary, Ms. Williams, sauntered inside in a way-too-short dark red mini skirt and a white blouse with one too many buttons undone. At least she had the body to pull it off, but there was definitely going to be a dress-code change in the works soon.

"Yes, Ms. Williams?"

"The man who applied for the assistant position is here for his interview."

I really need to get this email done, but I did schedule the meeting for ten minutes from now. I suppose it's at least good that he's here early.

With a slightly annoyed sigh Church saved his email draft and leaned back in his desk chair.

"Send him in."

She nodded and winked, then went to go get him while Church internally gagged. It wasn't that he wasn't interested in women, but with Hanna taking up literally his entire day and night, he couldn't have anyone over. He'd tried. Hanna had hid from all of them and cried until he'd made them leave. 

Footsteps shuffling against the carpet brought his mind back to the present as his eyes rose to a disturbingly familiar face. The man seemed just as surprised to see him. The young priest was dressed in a very nice looking black suit and... pink tie?

Leaning his elbow on his armrest, Church pressed a few fingers against his cheek and raised a brow.

"Pink?"

Michael bristled immediately and Church knew that he was about to take off, but then something made his eyes widen and dart around the room, then return to him quickly.

"Where is Hanna?"

Of course.

"He is here."

Church glanced down at the little boy curled up on his dog bed.

"You're time out is over. Do not throw that ball at me again, understand?"

Hanna pursed his lips and nodded solemnly as he climbed out from under the desk to stand next to it. He eyed the priest but showed no interest in going anywhere near him. When he was sure that he would stay close Church raised his eyes back to the man standing before him and nodded. 

"Sit down."

He seemed apprehensive to do as told, but after a glance towards Hanna he pursed his lips and stalked forward. When he dropped down into one of the black leather conference chairs across from his desk, Church grabbed a manila folder and slid out the single piece of paper Michael had submitted as his resume.