Let's Play

(When you're trying to edit but your dog decides that your shoulders are a perfect vantage point to lie down.) 

Church had gotten the most work done yesterday than he had in the past month, so he was more than happy to reward Hanna with a trip to the church as he'd requested. This time, however, Church put on a pair of black motorcycle gloves so that he wouldn't get burned from touching Michael or anything inside the building. 

Once he was completely ready, he went over to Hanna's room and was quite surprised to see that the boy was trying to dress himself.

"Hey there, Hanna."

He looked up with a big smile and tugged his shirt down with determination.

"Wow, you got dressed all by yourself."

The little boy ran over to him immediately after he'd finished settling his shirt around himself so that he could be picked up. When Church got him in his arms he noticed that the shirt was on inside out and backwards, but eh, he wasn't going to correct him since he seemed so happy to have managed to get it on by himself.

Hang on a second.

Looking down at him, Church noticed his shorts and raised a brow.

"Did you get those on yourself, too, or did you just sleep in them?"

There was a small bit of disapproval in his voice since he was pretty sure that he already knew the answer, but he wasn't going to chastise  him for doing it once. 

Hanna pursed his little lips and hugged him, giving Church the answer he needed to know. He'd been right in his assumptions.

"We'll have bath time after we go, alright?" he said. 

Normally he gave him a bath in the morning, but Hanna wasn't a huge fan of it most times, so maybe taking him to the church will get him to behave better afterwards.

"Ready to go?"

"Yesh!"

Carrying him out of his room, Church stopped in the kitchen to get him a small juice pouch before they headed out to the car. He missed riding his motorcycle, but after he'd gotten Hanna, there was no way to find time to use it. The kid literally went everywhere with him, and he'd be damned if he ever became stupid enough to try and have him ride with him on it.

Once he had him fastened into his child's seat in the back he slid into the front and got them on their way.

"Chesh?"

"Hm?"

He glanced in the rear-view mirror to see Hanna sticking his thumb in his mouth.

"No talking with your thumb in your mouth, Hanna. You know I can't understand you when you do that."

He squirmed but put his hand down, deciding to play with his shoelaces instead.

"Der yet?"

 Church rolled his eyes and replied, "we'll be there in a few minutes."

Hanna gave a slight nod, then spent the rest of the ride sucking on his thumb until they pulled into the church's parking lot.

"We're here but someone needs their shoelaces tied before going inside."

Getting out of the car, Church shut his door and opened the back one, grinning as Hanna pouted up at him, but presented each of his feet after Church unbuckled him from his seat.

"You don't want to trip and hurt yourself so it's best to let me tie your shoes."

Nope, still pouting.