I'm Not Crazy, You Are

Waking up to the sound of keys jingling was probably the best alarm he could have hoped for. It beat a taser, and a gun. So, he would take it with a smile. Lifting his head from Michael's shoulder, Church glanced over to the two officers approaching their cell.

Different ones than last time?

"Was I that boring? I could try to kill someone if you guys want."

The two humans stopped in front of the door, the one holding the keys ignoring him as he sifted through them, obviously looking for whichever one unlocked the cell.

You'd think they'd keep that somewhere a little easier to find.

Not that it wasn't there. It probably was... among sixty or so other keys that likely unlocked nothing important. Just a jail cell here, the others were probably to offices and maybe a few lockers, knowing the cops he'd dealt with previously.

"Need some help, officer?" he asked, raising his brows with the sarcastic tone.

"No," the one fiddling with the keys growled back, obviously none-too-happy to be there.

That makes two of us.

Church was about to lay on his sarcastic charm when he felt something shift in his lap, immediately drawing his attention away from the boring officers and down to his priest.

"Good morning... or evening. Not sure but don't care," Church said with a small smirk.

"Morning," Michael whispered as he looked up into his eyes, his own still half-lidded from what little sleep they'd managed to get. They didn't even seem to have a clock in this area so he wasn't sure what time it honestly was. He was expecting him to keep speaking to him, but when he turned his attention to the guards, Church wanted to growl.

Who cares about them.

"Hey guys, I don't suppose we're being set free?" Michael asked, licking his lips nervously as he hugged a sleeping Hanna to his chest.

One of the officers, specifically the one not messing with the blasted ring of a million keys, looked over at him and shook his head.

"No, you're going to be interviewed and your statements will be taken for trial."

Church's eyes widened slightly at that.

"Why is he in trouble? He didn't kill anybody," he snarled, pausing a moment after he spoke to look back down at Michael.

"Did you? Not that I wouldn't be proud, cause demon and everything, but that wouldn't look too great right now."

He glared up at him, not bothering with an answer before turning his attention back to the cops.

"I am curious what I'm here for. I didn't kidnap Hanna. Neither of us technically did. And, I also didn't kill anyone. So why can I not leave?"

Michael really didn't want to leave Church there alone, but if he got out, that would make it a lot easier to figure out a way to get him free. Hanna wasn't in any danger so he could always be found later, even though it hurt his heart to think about that. Church was the one who's life was going to be on the line after he'd killed someone.

"You will speak with our psychiatrist, then we'll determine exactly what's going to happen. At the moment it's not looking too bad for you, since you have no previous record and the boy is unharmed... if a little insane."

I'll show them insane...

Shaking off the thought, which he had no idea where it came from, Michael got himself up and out of Church's arms right as the cop opened the cell.