Picking Up A Stray

(Another picture I found from a while ago when my roommate was babysitting. Rip Mr. Snowman.)

"Yes sir, I think we'll be able to close the deal at that price."

Church could hear Hanna flopping around on the carpet behind him, making just about as much noise as he could without actually talking. It was blatantly obvious that he was bored, but he wouldn't let him take him to the company's daycare so there wasn't much else he could do. 

I can't play with you all day. 

He almost wished that Hanna was still afraid of people to the point of sitting in the corner silently like he used to. That would be nice. He'd previously also never cared about playing with anything and would just sit in Church's lap all day without a word.

"I think your boy has had about enough of this meeting. Shall we shake on the price and end it here?" the man across from his said with a hint of humor to his eyes. 

Giving a tired nod, Church grasped his hand firmly and put a strained smile on his face.

"Sorry about him."

The older man gave a deep chuckle as he glanced over at Hanna.

"It's quite alright. Yours?"

"Uh... babysitting indefinitely."

He gave another laugh and stood, his balding head reflecting a small shine from the ceiling lights. Church stood with him and took his hand one more time.

"It has been a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Remaro."

"It has been my pleasure, Mr. Green. Have a good day."

"You as well, goodbye."

Church gave him a nod and short wave, waiting until the door to his office clicked shut before he spun around in his chair and opened his arms.

"Come here, brat."

Hanna jumped up instantly and scrambled into his lap with a little help. It had already been about a week and a half since his accident and Church had taken the bandages off earlier that morning. He was definitely going to have a scar, but the injury had stopped bleeding so he had just scrubbed it clean again and then put some antibacterial ointment on it, then left it uncovered.

"How is your forehead feeling?"

"A wittle hurd."

Church smiled and ran his thumb beneath his bangs, lifting them gently so that he could see the full wound.

"It looks really good."

When he didn't reply Church let his hair drift back down against his forehead and looked him in the eyes.

"Hanna?"

"Em..."

Ah, he wants to ask me something that he knows I'll likely say no to.

"What is it, Hanna?"

"Em... Chesh, can go chesh?"

They hadn't gone all week, and perhaps that was why he had been so restless.

"Alright, fine. We'll go."

"Yay!"

He threw his hands up with the shout, making Church roll his eyes as he lifted him up and stood. It was a relief to finally have the deal with the other man settled. Now there was only one more important thing to take care of, but so far it won't let anyone near it besides him. 

As he carried Hanna from his office and toward the elevator, Church couldn't help but become a bit frustrated. Hanna had been doing somewhat okay with Michael, but none of the other fifteen people he'd previously tried to hire could get within ten feet of him without him screaming his head off.