Oh Dear God

"Rrrrrrrr."

"Rrrrrrrr."

Shut up.

"Rrrrrrr!"

"I'm gonna eat you in a secon'."

"Wuff! Wuff!"

Damn thing!

Sitting up, Church snarled over at the balcony doors the damn thing was barking and pawing at. As soon as he actually looked at what was outside, though, he blanched.

"Shit!"

Jumping out of bed, he ran over to the door and grabbed the dog, then ran into the living room before throwing it at Michael. He woke up with the sudden addition of fuzzy weight on his chest, confused and mumbling incoherently.

"Get up and get in Hanna's room, now!" Church hissed, not really giving him a chance to respond as he yanked him off of the sofa and dragged him into the back room. Michael wisely held onto the dog by the scruff so that when Church tossed him inside, the dog went with him.

"Stay in here and shut that damn dog up if you want to live!"

Before he could reply Church slammed the door shut and stalked back towards his balcony. He had no idea why the demons had come without announcing themselves first, but they had definitely put him in a shitty mood by doing so.

Shoving the sliding-glass door open, Church stepped outside and slid it closed before turning to glare at the three large demons perched on the banister railing. The light drizzle of rain ran down their smooth bodies, glinting slightly as the droplets caught the moonlight.

What the hell are you three doing here?

Anger dripped from his thoughts, making them shift hesitantly on the railingWhen neither of them spoke up he snarled and stepped closer, making all three scramble to the other side of the small area. 

Answer me, dammit!

The smallest demon fidgeted, then carefully hopped off the banister and bowed its head shakily.

L-Lord Church... we... we killed someone.

What?

He flinched back and whined, but that wasn't going to get them out of this. 

No wonder I smelled a hint of blood in the rain.

What the hell happened? Why didn't you just tell me?

The larger one of the two still sitting on the banister replied quietly.

It just happened. We were out for a drink and some humans tried to jump us in an alley.

You killed more than one?  Church snarled the words into his head, taking a step closer while baring his teeth.

No, we only killed one! The rest ran as soon as they realized we were a lot stronger than them. We didn't even shift, just kind of... hit the guy and couldn't stop.

Giving a deep sigh, Church tossed off his clothing and shifted, stretching out for a moment before hopping up onto the rail.

Show me where he is. We need to get rid of the body.

All three nodded and jumped down to land in the apartment's backyard area. It was small but thankfully normally deserted, especially so late at night. Church quickly followed them down, then up and over the fence linking to a back alleyway.

Michael waited twenty minutes after he'd heard Church's balcony door shut before cracking open the door to Hanna's room. Not seeing anyone, he looked back at the little boy and told him to stay put before quietly closing the door and tip-toeing around the apartment. Not seeing any movement still, he glanced out on the balcony and sighed with relief.