I'm Going To Kill You

"Father, I believe I have sinned."

Michael leaned his head against the wall, giving a tired sigh. He had slept really well the previous night, but after the awkward shower that morning he was beginning to get lightheaded. 

Had that really happened? Of course it did. You were staring at... it.

"How so, young priest?"

Licking his lips, Michael took in a deep breath and spoke quietly.

"I... stared at another man's body. It wasn't intentional, but I walked into the bathroom half asleep and, not noticing that he was in the shower, I got in."

Michael figured that was all he needed to say to get the obvious point across in concern with the specific what he had been staring at.

"I see. I assume that you live with this man?"

Huh. Do I? I suppose I do now.

"I guess. It's short term."

"How long has it been since you have gone out with a woman?"

Err. I don't even want to think about that. It's been way too long.

"Um, awhile?"

"I believe you are just yearning for physical company. Do not stray down the wrong path, young priest. Why not find a young woman to marry? I do not believe you are a homosexual. I just believe that you need to find yourself a wife."

That does make sense. I haven't had a girlfriend in a long while. 

He should have known that he was just longing for a partner. It had been far too long since he'd even tried to find someone. 

"Thank you for your words, father. They make perfect sense."

The other man chuckled as Michael got up and stepped out of the small room.

"You are welcome. Have a wonderful day, Michael."

"You too, Father!"

About forty minutes later Michael was shoving his way into Church's office with a cocky smirk on his face. The guy was right in the middle of what looked like an important phone call. Oh well. Michael strode right up to him and extended his hand, which Church took with a raised eyebrow... until the contact started to burn his skin. He snarled and immediately slammed the phone down on the receiver, glaring up at him for a minute before the situation seemed to dawn on him. 

"Oh wonderful, looks like the little priest has got his holy back. Come to visit the big bad demon?"

Michael rolled his eyes and sat down near the side of the desk, peeking beneath it to where he knew Hanna would be. The boy was there, sitting on a dog bed just like the first day he'd visited.

"Wait a second. Why does he even have a dog bed and not a child one? Or even a normal cushion?"

Church glared and nudged at Michael's chest with his foot until he actually fell backwards onto the dark blue carpet with a grunt.

"Because there was a pet commercial about adopting a dog on TV and he wanted one, but god knows I don't. So, I took him to a pet store to at least play with them, but when I tried to leave he wouldn't get off the darn dog bed or stop barking until I bought it."

"Oh..."

I guess that makes sense.

"Hey Hanna, want play with Uncle Michael?"

Michael tried to speak with a chipper voice as he rolled over onto his belly and scooted forward until he could just barely see beneath the desk. The boy was there, making a weird face at him, which he quickly made right back. That seemed to surprise him since his face changed abruptly to curiosity.