So Confused It Hurts

(It kinda sucks writing about a pyrenees puppy after my old boy has passed. I swear I'll adopt a new (Racquetball approved) one eventually.

Content warning) 

Michael stayed absolutely still until Church's breathing evened out, telling him that he was asleep. He wasn't going to chance saying another slew of disturbing sentences just to check, though. Instead, he got up and quickly headed out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind himself.

"Migel?"

Jumping, he turned towards Hanna where he stood in his own doorway. The puppy, of course, was snuggled in his arms, fluffy bum dragging on the floor as it snored with its tongue poking out.

"Yes, Hanna?"

Michael quickly made his way over to him, guiding him back to bed with a hand on his back. He climbed in after setting the puppy near his pillow, then got settled beneath the blankets.

"Is Chesh okay?"

His little voice sounded worried, making Michael smile. He really did care for the demon, even if he was a killer. Hanna didn't know the difference... which was definitely safer for him.

"Yeah. He's okay, sweetie."

That made Hanna smile wider, then snuggle in with a sleepy yawn. Michael made sure that he was tucked in, then got up and walked to the door.

"Good night, Hanna. Sleep well."

He already had his arms around the puppy, which was still snoring, when he replied quietly.

"Ganide, Migel."

Michael gave a hushed chuckle and carefully shut the door. He honestly wasn't quite sure what he was going to do the next day, but after all the excitement already, he really just needed to crash. After a quick cup of water from the kitchen he sauntered over to the sofa and fell onto it with a content sigh. He was out in seconds, completely forgetting to do his nightly prayers... even in his head.

Come morning he was awoken by the sound of a certain puppy pawing at Hanna's door.

Probly has to pee.

Groaning, he pushed himself up onto his arms, then yawned and literally flopped over onto the floor.

"That... wasn't the best idea."

Getting himself up, Michael quickly but quietly ran to Hanna's door and let the puppy out. It bolted to the kitchen and squatted, just barely hitting the newspaper in time.

"Good boy."

He finished his business and Michael cleaned up the papers since he'd used them a lot, then cleaned the washcloth before putting it back down with a new bunch of papers. He thought that he'd want to go back to Hanna after he was finished, but he actually just sat down at his feet and whined.

"Ah. I know what you want."

With a childish grin, Michael grabbed some slices of turkey from the fridge and sat down on the floor, letting Max jump into his lap before beginning to hand him small pieces of food.

"I need to get you some dog food. Church is going to get really upset if he finds out you're eating our food."

The puppy rolled over onto his back, making Michael roll his eyes as he fed him like a darn prince getting grapes from a servant.

"Your name really should be spoiled or cocky."

He gave a quiet "Wuff" and yawned, making Michael do the same... minus the bark.