To Hell With Me

Church didn't bother holding back his demon as it took over his human body in one smooth change. Michael needed his burn treated badly, but he couldn't even touch the dumbass!

"Ch-Chesh?"

Snapping his head to the side, he noticed Hanna peeking around the corner from the hallway, the puppy still under his arm, snoring.

That thing is just creepy.

Turning back to Michael, he snorted and gestured for Hanna to come to him with one of his clawed hands. He suppose they looked like a mix between paws and human hands, just black, shiny, and overextended. But either way, he couldn't give completely human gestures with them. Thankfully, Hanna understood anyways, and hesitantly walked over, dragging the sleeping puppy with him.

Church gave a quiet bellow, which had Hanna reaching up to pet his nose. It was his way of reassuring him when he was upset, but this time it wasn't going to work. Thinking for a moment, Church ran into the bathroom and slammed the medicine cabinet open. After knocking everything out with his huge claws, he found the tube of burn medication in the sink and grabbed it between his teeth, being extra careful not to accidentally bite into the tube.

When he walked back into the entrance to the living room the puppy was awake and evidently wanted to play, because it ran right up to him and tried to get the darn tube from his mouth.

I'm gonna eat you in a second, you smelly cotton ball. 

Church's demon side growled in anticipation of a meal, but he quickly pushed it to the back of his mind as he shoved the barking fluff nugget off to the side with one clawed hand. With that nuisance out of the way for the moment, he leaned down and offered Hanna the small tube of cream. The boy took it in both hands and then worked on getting the lid off. It took him a minute and an encouraging cooing grumble before he finally got the cap loose enough to remove. 

When he looked back up Church nodded toward Michael, moving his claw just over his injury to indicate that that was where the medicine needed to go. Thankfully, Hanna was quick to pick up on things and moved the tube over Michael's chest, upside down, then squeezed it. Michael winced and grunted from the pain, but didn't say anything.

Once there was a decent amount on his burn Church rubbed the little boys chest gently with a claw, then nodded at the cream on Michael's chest.

Hanna nodded, reaching down as he began to move the medicine around on the burn. That really got the priest howling, but Church urged Hanna to continue. He did as told, but he could tell that he was getting close to crying. Hanna always hated seeing the bruises and cuts Church came back with after his nights hunting, so he wasn't surprised that he was struggling rubbing the scream on Michael's burn.

He'll be fine. He has his pathetic God back now. That'll protect him. 

Scoffing, Church sauntered toward the front door and got the knob turned just enough to pull it open.

"Chesh? You goes?"

Looking back, he saw Hanna holding the tube between his two little hands again, squeezing it a bit too hard as cream flowed from the open top and onto the floor. Church nodded after a moment, making Hanna frown. There wasn't much he could do about upsetting the boy, though. Hanna needed to stay with Michael and he needed to kill something... and he preferred it wasn't while Hanna was around. 

Slipping out the door, he made sure it slid shut behind him before jumping over the railing and landing in the parking lot below. Several people saw him right away since the sun was just barely setting, but he couldn't care less. They'd think that he'd come from the rooftop and had nothing to do with the apartments.