Family

Fittz got me checked out of the hospital. The sun in my eyes hurt so bad, I haven't been outside in ages it felt like.

"You hungry" says Fittz as we walk out of the hospital

"No not really" I say squenting my eyes

"You should eat Niecy told me you haven't been keeping anything down" says Fittz"There's food at the house, I'll make you something"

We walk up to a bently truck and he opens the door for me.

"Damn, you're really balling" I say hopping in

"I guess" says Fittz laughing as he gets in the car and starts it up"You have to start going to meetings tomorrow, the center is great"

"Is this actually going to work" I say

I still felt like I wanted to fall back into all of that again. I wanted to feel numb so bad.

"Worked for me" says as he starts driving down the road Fittz"16 years sober"

"I wanna change" I say looking down"I've disappointed alot of people"

"Don't beat up on yourself about that" says Fittz looking over at me"I'm gonna put you up in the loft, you'll have privacy"

"Niecy said you guys have a daughter" I say trying to make conversation

"Yes, Camila she's 16" says Fittz smiling"She does music too but she mostly plays guitar. She has trouble at school with bullies but she's a trooper"

"I understand, I know it's hard sometimes being intersex" I say"Even harder being a teenager"

"Yeah, she's starting to like girls but way to nervous to talk to them" says Fittz

"Girls are just trouble" I say looking away

"That's how you started?" Says Fittz

"I got my heart broken bad and I just needed closer...so I used to make the pain go away" I say

We pull into this gated neighborhood. He scans a badge and it opened. These houses all looked like mansions. The grass was perfectly green, people walking around and kids outside playing. We finally pulled up to a white and gray house. It was huge and had two cars parked in the circular drive way.

"Welcome" says Fittz as we get out of the car"You might get to meet camila, she's usually in the living room doing her homework.

When we walked in it looked so welcoming they had family pictures everywhere and it smelled so clean.

"ven aca Camila" says Fittz putting his keys on a hook by the door

"Hey Dad" says Camila with a smile

She looked like a normal teenager. She had long brown hair and seemed very shy. She had on soccer joggers and a tank and she was barefoot.

I can she her get a little shy when she sees me. Shit, I would be too if a random person was at my house.

"This is Kehlani, she's gonna be staying in the loft" says Fittz

"Nice to meet you" says Camila shaking my hand"I'm glad you're better, my mom told me about you"

"It's nice to meet you too"I say"Your dad told me you play guitar. Maybe we can jam out one day"

"Um, yeah that's would be awesome" says Camila with a big smile

"You done with homework" says Fittz

"Yeah I was gonna watch TV for a bit" says Camila"Nice meeting you again"