Crunch time

Sha POV

5 months later

"Are you sure you're ready" says. Camila

"Yeah, why" Says Sha

"Because she's not having a good day today" says Camila"And she hasn't seen you in forever"

"I'm ready to see her though and I'm sure she wants to know the pregnancy is going good" I say

"Her memory is just not that good that's why we wanted to wait" says Niecy"But it's time"

We walk in to the rehabilitation center. I see Kehlani and he brother laughing together. She looks the same besides being in the wheelchair, I still remember all the good times.

"Kehlani, you have a visitor" says Niecy

"Really?" Says Kehlani turning around in her chair

She looked at me like I took her breath away. She blushed then smiled wide causing me to do the same. I got butterflies and shit that I didn't know what to do with them.

"Hi, I'm Kehlani"

She puts her hand out and I shake it

"I'm really hoping we know each other" says Kehlani as I sit down

"I'm gonna let you guys talk" says Keith

"Um okay" I say

I didn't know how well this would go but I was pretty much ready for whatever. I've been trying to make this album and go through this pregnancy...all alone. Just being with her now is making it better.

"I'm Sha"

"Is that short for something" says Kehlani

"Yeah Misharron " I say

"I like that" says Kehlani"They usually only leave me alone with people when you knew me before I got shot. I remember more everyday but it's been pretty bad lately"

"Yeah, we knew eachother very well" I say smiling

"I'm a straight shooter Sha so, lay it on me" says Kehlani

I started getting nervous. I guess she could tell because she put her hand on mine.

"It's okay, you won't hurt me" says Kehlani smiling"I found out I have a fucking brother, I can't walk and my parents are dead..."

"I'm your girlfriend or whatever and we got a baby on the way" I say putting my hand on my belly

"....wow" says Kehlani"Why did you say or whatever"

"Were around eachother all the time but we weren't really serious, I never messed with anyone else and neither did you" I say

"So a baby...damn" says Kehlani

"Yeah" I say"We were together the night it all happened"

"I won't be able to walk for awhile, I was afraid my girlfriend would have left me" says Kehlani"I read on Wikipedia that she's a rapper"

"That's me baby" I say pulling my chain from under my hoodie

"We kind of have to get to know each other again" says Kehlani"There is one thing I do know how to do still"

"What's that" I say

"Make music" says Kehlani smiling"I'm out of here next week, we gotta link up"

"We live together Kehlani" I say laughing

"I knew that, I was testing you" says Kehlani

"It's all set up for you but you can always stay with Camila or your parents" I say

"I'll pass, they have a new born" says Kehlani"...and so will we soon...how soon"

"Honestly any day now" I say"Look you don't have to deal with this if you don't wanna"

I might have came off a little rude but I'm honestly hormonal and stressed.

"I'm gonna go...I'mma give you time to think" I say"I was stupid to think this would be smooth and shit...here, it's your old phone it might help you. If not with me maybe everything. I love you"

I hand her the phone and walk out...

"Sha,I'm sorry" says Kehlani before I walk out

"What happened" says Camila trying to catch up to me

"She don't want no damn kid C" I say getting on the car

"Give her sometime" says Camila

"When do I get some time? I been taking care of her shit and mine" I say"It's not her fault she cant remember shit, she got y'all, she good"

"Your our family Sha" says Camila

"It don't work like that" I say

As I drove off I cried, everything was just becoming so real. I went to sleep once I got home. I was just mentally tired.

Once I woke up I had a gang of missed calls. From a number I haven't seen in forever...I call back.

"Thanks for calling back" says Kehlani"Those videos and pictures...I remember some of them. The one at the house in Texas"

"Do you remember anything?" I say

"Yeah, you..." Says Kehlani"I thought I was dreaming but it's you. I really didn't mean to upset you, I want to be there for you and our child"

"You sure about all this" I say"You don't have to, I know I put alot of pressure on you"

"Yeah, I want to get to know you again" says Kehlani"How's the pregnancy going"

"Good actually, I didn't find out the sex because I was waiting for you" I say

"...I hope it's a girl" says Kehlani

"So you can spoil her" I say laughing"You said that before though"

"Can I ask you something" says Kehlani

"Sure" I say

"There was a ring in my stuff, was that for you or something" says Kehlani

I didn't know anything about that, me and Kehlani were just keeping it cool. I didn't think she was gonna do anything like that.

"I don't know" I say"Do you remember that night"

"No but I remember how we met"says Kehlani"And the first time we had sex aswell"

"You would bruh" I say laughing

I get a weird pain in my stomach...then it happened

"Hello"says Kehlani

"My water just broke"I say

"What! Umm help! Fuck" says Kehlani"call camila and I'll meet you at the hospital...what hospital are you going to"

"I'm not going to a hospital, I'm doing home birth" I say" That's how we planned it nigga"

"How am I supposed to know" says Kehlani"Look I'll be there...I promise"

"Okay" I say

Kehlani

"Camila" I say as she picks up

"Yeah, I would say that this is a late hour but Junie is awake" says Camila"I do have school in the morning though..."

"Sha is going into labor and she's doing a home birth" I say

"Oh shit, were on the way right now, Mani!" says Camila lifting the baby up and smelling her butt"Oh gross"

"Baby, it's your turn to get juju...okay, so fuck off" says Normani wiping her eyes

"Your sister is going into labor" says Camila

"...okay I'm up" says Normani

TBC