Ch.29 Prelim

We stopped in front of the Governor's office and hopped off our buggies.

Maverick:Five minutes!Move it!

Girl:We have to hurry!This way!

We entered the building and there was a motion poster of the BoB event.

Kirito:Wow.....

Maverick:No time to be staring off into space,Kirito!

Girl:Come on!

We finally reached the panel.

Girl:Here we are.This is where we have to sign up to the tourney.It's the typical run-of-the-mill touchpad interface.Think you can handle it?Or do you want some help?

Kirito:No,I can figure it out.

Before Kirito could do anything I pulled him to the side.

Maverick:I wanna give you one more chance to back out.You remember how serious this is right?

Kirito:Yeah,I know,which is all the more reason i'm doing this.We're gonna do this....together.

Kirito held out his fist.

Kirito:Like old times right?

I looked down at his fist and smiled before fist bumping him.

Maverick:Heh,Like old times.

We walked back towards the terminal and I noticed it wanted our real life info.

Maverick:Alrighty then.Kirito?

Kirito:Yeah?

Maverick:Take this.

I handed Kirito a cloak.

Kirito:What's this for?

I pulled out another cloak and threw it over my head and the application machine.

Maverick:You get no privacy typing your info in,this'll give us that privacy.

Kirito:You think someone would watch us?

Maverick:Can't say for sure but,in a game where there's a real money conversion system,who knows who would want to sell your info.

Kirito:Okay.I gotcha.

We put in our applications and Kirito gave me my spare cloak back as I placed it back into my inventory.The Girl backed away from the terminal and looked towards us.

Girl:You done yet?

Kirito:Y-yes!I'm all done.Thank you so much for your help today.Sorry for the trouble.

Girl:No worries,that crazy ride on the buggy is more than enough to make up for it.Which block did you end up in for the prelims?

Kirito:Um....F,F-37.

Girl:Oh...really,i'm in F too,number twelve.That's kind of a cool coincidence,huh?When we do meet though....oh good.We're not gonna meet up again until the finals.

Maverick:Why's that a good thing?

Girl:If a player makes it to the final bracket of the prelims,it won't matter if they lose.They automatically advance to the battle royal.That means-

Maverick:We make it to the final bracket and gank anyone in the battle royal!

Kirito:Um....

Girl:But...if we do meet in the final bracket in the prelims...i'll be playing to win.

Maverick:Give it your all.

Kirito:Yeah....

We started walking towards the entrance hall.