Ch.37 Closing Time

I watched as Maverick clashed with Death Gun.If only I had my scope!I looked over at Maverick as he fought Death Gun.Right now,Maverick's trying to get closure and is confronting his old scars from the past from SAO that represent them,Death Gun.And the reason he came,isn't because he's strong.It's because he accepts what he did and never looked back and accepted the consequences and is still moving on.I gotta do something....Think!

Sugu Pov

Me and Aki watched the GGO battle closely as Y/N fought Death Gun.

Sugu:Y/N...

Aki:He's sweating so much.He'll dehydrate soon....I wonder if we can get him to logout or at least warn him.

Sugu:He wouldn't hear us,that's how diving works.But luckily,the Amusphere rig is designed with that in mind so if he gets too dehydrated it will shut off.

Aki:Ok then,I guess we just have to wait.

I looked at Y/N and held his hand again.You can do it Y/N. I'm right here for you so fight for what you believe in.No matter where you go or do,i'll stay by your side.

Back In GGO

Death Gun kept attacking me.As Death Gun kept attacking us I noticed his red eyes.Red eyes,I feel like there's some significance there.

Then it all came back to me where I was briefed about this before we raided Laughing Coffin.It was Red something,Red Eyed uh........!Red Eyed XaXa,that was it!

Death Gun went for a stab and ducked under and roundhouse kicked him and he went to attack but he stopped when he noticed a red mark on his shoulder.This opening was more than enough for me to rush Death Gun.

Maverick:You're mine.

Sinon is distracting Death Gun with the bullet line using her skill and strength to keep it right on him like a phantom bullet.Thanks for the diversion,Sinon.

Death Gun:Hahaha.....

Death Gun went to cloak.

Maverick:Not today,degenerate!

I pulled out my pistol and and shot at him canceling the cloaks effect.

Maverick:All over!

I charged at Death Gun and drove my knife into his chest and began stabbing him multiple times until he fell on his knees to which I stabbed his neck and slit his throat.Death Gun fell back on the sand not moving.

Maverick:*pant*pant*

Death Gun:Fool....it's not over yet.You can't stop me.He'll find you...and he-

"DEAD"

Maverick:Some people don't know when to move on I swear.

Sugu Pov

I watched as Y/N beat Death Gun and my face lit up with excitement.I looked at Y/N and gently caressed his face.You did it Y/N!

Back In GGO

I walked across the desert and saw Sinon in the distance.When we faced each other,Sinon stood her rifle on the ground and we fist bumped and looked at the starry sky as I took my helmet off.