Ch.44 Thryheim

Our group approached the front gate of Thrymheim.

Maverick:Huh.

Kirito:What's wrong Yui?

Yui:I have a feeling there's a lot more at stake here than we think.This will require some explaining,but all VRMMOs,originated from the Seed program,there's a difference between them and Alfheim Online.You see a stripped down version of the Cardinal System from the other VRMMOs,but the one that operates this game,is a copy of a full spec version of the late Sword Art Online.

Maverick:Full spec version?

Yui:The original Cardinal System had a feature which could automatically generate quests.It would mod onto the net,and search for various legends and folklore from around the world.Then,it would take the stories that it found,adapt the data,and use it to generate an infinite number of quests.

Kirito:How about this quest,then?Is it auto-generated by Cardinal too?

Strea:From how that NPC was acting just now,i'd say it is.And if that's the case,then,this quest will end the same way as it ended in the myth.

Strea closed her eyes for a moment.

Strea:I checked the archives and according to my analysis and taking into account the Norse Mythology within ALO on what this is based on,this quest will end in a final war event.

Maverick:What do you mean?

Strea:The Frost Giants from Jötunheimr and Nifilheimr aren't the only ones who want to attack Alne. Apparently,below Niflheim, there is some sort of fiery realm that goes by Muspelheim,where the Frame Giants live.And according to the myth,they'll attack the World Tree and burn it to the ground.

Maverick:That sounds like the Twilight of the Gods, Ragnarok. 

Leafa:I don't buy it.I can't believe this game system would destroy it's own map on purpose.It's gotta be mistake!

Strea:I wish it was but there's no denying it.The Cardinal System has the authority to destroy the map if it wants since the original Cardinal System's last task was the destruction of Aincrad.

Maverick:Well that's a shitty feature.Thanks Kayaba.

Leafa:No way......

Liz:There goes my blacksmith shop......

Klein:Welp,there go my chances for ever meeting my soulmate......

Maverick:Alright,let's cut out all this doom-and-gloom shit before I get annoyed.

Sinon:Maverick is right.Even if this Ragnarok thing happen,can't the server be brought back the way it was from one of the backups it made?

Yui:This system has an auto-backup feature but those files won't help.It only saves player data,not field data.So,you can't restore everything.

We all stood there thinking.

Klein:Oh,I got it!

Everyone:?

Klein pulled up his menu and opened several windows before grabbing his head.

Klein:I don't got it......

Liz:You can say that again......

Klein:Stop razzing me,I was trying to call a GM to see if they knew anything about what's happening right now.It's after hours.Support closed.

Maverick:It's Sunday and just before New Years so it makes sense.

Leafa:Y/N,were running outta time.