Ch.64 Will Power

I waltzed back into the dorm as I stopped in my tracks seeing Azurica.

Mav: How long we're you planning to hide in the shadows?

Azurica: As long as I need to be. Your 38 minutes after curfew.

Mav: Yeah sorry Sortiliena told me to extend my training session.

Azurica: I know it's a page's duty to receive instruction from their disciple but that does not permit you to break curfew.

Mav: Stuff like this happens. Can you just let it go this one time?

Azurica:*sigh* Fine. Mealtime is in 17 minutes be sure not to be late for that.

......

I headed over to the dining area and met up with Eugeo, from there, we headed over to the garden where I was growing some flowers for Liena. I didn't know what to give her so I decided on those flowers that she talked about. It was also the least expensive so my wallet was smiling at me. There just kind of a bitch to maintain since they don't grow round these parts. I was about to get some water for the flowers when Eugeo stopped me.

Eugeo: Mav, what will you do when we become Integrity Knighs? I know you're training to become an Integrity Knight to keep me company but, once this is done, what're you going to do? I know this may seem a little presumptuous of me but you always seem a little bit.... distant. Like you have a desperate goal you want to reach.

Eugeo seems really torn about this. I don't blame him though. To me, I'm the only one in his corner for a daunting task. Kinda see a little bit of Kirito in him.

Mav: I'm not going anywhere, alright? I said that'd have your back every step of the way and I have no intention of breaking that promise with you.

Eugeo: Ha.....I wish I could be as strong as you, Mav.

Eugeo: If we hadn't reunited that day, I'd still be swinging that axe at the tree using my calling as an excuse to never leave the village. I only got into the damn academy because you led the way. The fact that you said you weren't leaving filled me with relief. 

Mav: Alright, I appreciate all the kind words and all but this relationship is a two-way street. You're not giving yourself much appreciation. Listen and listen well, I always got your back  and I know you got mine. I rely on you because of your own merits. I know that we can shoot for the limits as long as we stick together. I rely on you a lot more than you think, Eugie. So let's push forward relentlessly alright?

Eugeo smiled brightly as he teared up before wiping them away.

Eugeo: You're right. Let's push relentlessly as far as we can!

.......