Chapter IV: Encounter

» » »

Rhon watch the Wensis walking away in displeasure.

Rhon still don't know the reason what cause her ire to him. Surprisingly, Rhon knows it's his fault but disappointingly he doesn't know why.

Rhon followed closely behind her but didn't dare open his mouth. As he pondered for the reason why, he come to a conclusion.

Because the Wensis is imposing a displeasure aura so great that Rhon could feel the freezing winter breeze, he mustered his courage and speak.

"Uhm... is it because of what I said. I'm sorry, I didn't know it will hurt you."

Though he doesn't know which part in his words cause the Wensis in great displeasure, Rhon could tell it's because of what he said earlier. And as his benefactor he should at least apologize. Even if he still doesn't know the reason why.

Sensing she's been acting like a child sulking over mere words. Al hurriedly regained her composure. In fact her reaction is so childish. The boy meant no harm. But his nonchalant reply still vex her that it cause her to doubt her beauty.

She openly declared her desire to accept a partner but the Alvenian didn't even budge. Still wearing a not caring at all face when he answered.

Of course Rhon being pessimistic when it comes to his charisma is at fault here. Growing up with machines and AI's and less exposure to the allure of a woman, Rhon currently can't be swayed by mere looks alone.

"No no, you don't have to apologize. Instead I should apologize for acting like that."

After venting her frustration Al came to a compromise and apologize instead.

Rhon somehow felt relieve at her response but he can't help but feel a bit weary.

Understanding the subtle changes of a girl's attitudes is tiring he thought.

Just as Rhon is being preoccupied in his thoughts he didn't notice the changes of his surroundings. When he came to, it's too late.

It's a white thick mist. The surrounding trees vanish, the greenery scene disappeared replaced with nothing but a dense white world.

Al is also out of sight. He can't even sense her presence.

Due to his line of work in Emidome. Concentration is not lacking to him. A peace of mind is a necessity in that kind of environment. Having cause a panic once an error occurred will lead to the person's expulsion from the  engineering department.

His clear headedness in sudden changes and making a prompt decision right away earned him fame in Tekton C Area.

"A formation? An illusion spell, what's more it's a high grade at that. Tssk!"

After analysing the spell formation, Rhon click his tongue in annoyance.

Each spell had its own merit and demerit. If use right in the right place and right time the effect can be enormous. This time because Rhon is in the forest the mist is in maximum effect. It shows that the caster is sharp-witted and a master illusionist.

The trap he walk into is a Formation spell. A mist type, unlike the maze type Formation spell that only trap a person draining his vitality til his death. The mist type Formation spell affects the mind. Reflecting a persons inner most feelings. Hatred, love, unworldly desires.

Unless a person won't succumb to it and keep a strong presence of mind they can escape and break the formation.

His whole life as an engineer paid thru. The illusions vanished, a shadow that look a lot like him slowly crumbled down with a smile.