Chapter X: Cthulu Mythos Part V

» » »

The situation concerning his life met a twist and turns. Although Rhon can't understand the whole part. He knows at least that Al is now not his tender, gentle loving fiance. But now a totally different person unlikely from her usual caring character.

Laughing wickedly to her content, Al eyed him amusingly. Delighted by Rhon's aghast reaction.

 Delighted by Rhon's aghast reaction

"Ahh~~..."

"Even after experiencing many times such funny reactions. I can't get enough of it! Yes, your comical reaction just now."

"Who... are you?"

"What are you talking about, I'm your fiance."

"Was"

Rhon responded with a glare.

"You've recovered quickly, or should I say: as expected of you. The man I've chosen to be my husband. But it's a pity you couldn't sway my heart. My desire for strength dominated than that wretched feelings called love. What is love anyway? Can you eat it? Foolish people proclaiming love as the greatest of all should just go and die!"

Al went on and on, drunk with victory or possibly just venting she continued talking.

"But Rhon, though it grief me to say this you're different. A rare phenomenon. A pity you'll die."

An insult or praise Rhon didn't care. Although he wants to end this farce quickly he was much curious what led to Al doing this...

"It's not a rare phenomenon, I just can't stand you female creatures."

"Hmpf! Don't compare me to them. Anyway there's one thing I want to confirm first. How did you negate my charm, I tried to charm you many times with my bewitching skill but it didn't work. I'm not bragging but my skill in the area of seduction is top notch!"

Rhon frowned, confused, bewildered, before exclaiming.

"Charm? Wait, did you bewitched me many times before!?"

"Ahh... I see. It's laughable that it brought me sorrow and lost some confidence in myself just because... you're just that dense. Really. Ahh~~ it's mortifying."

"So your job is not just an assassin but also a geisha."

"You caught on quickly, now you're showing why I've taken a liking to you. During our time in our practice, the encounter with Lovecraft, and every time opportunity arises, I tried bewitching you. Tell me, are you that cold or just a full fledged dense."

(A/N: example of bewitching is shown at Side story: Under the starry night sky, though I know you'all didn't notice it. x))))

Now that Rhon think about it, the confusion why he's feeling the desire to protect her, give everything to her, is because of the charms effect.

*shudder!*