12x02 - Mamma Mia

Bunker

Dean's sitting down talking on his phone with Cas "I haven't found anything on these surveillance cameras. I mean, it's like they just disappeared. How about you? Any of the local beat cops see anybody that shouldn't be there?"

Castiel is outside Aldrich, Missouri standing leaning against the truck "It's pretty rural. Not a lot of beat cops. I've checked all the motels, abandoned buildings. No sign of Sam"

 No sign of Sam"

"All right. I don't know. You know, check...real-estate offices. See if anybody bought a place or rented a place. I mean, these people had a freaking plane. Maybe they do things legit"

"Okay, I understand. I'll call you in the morning"

While talking, Dean rises and starts pacing "Cas, hey. So, here's the thing. It's been kind of weird here with, you know, mom being back. It's like we don't know how to act around each other, so we just kind of make this small talk and act normal, but it's – it's so not normal"

"Um, I'm – I'm not sure. What – what has she said to you?" Cas asks him.

"Well, nothing. That – that – that's the whole point"

"Okay, what have you said to her?"

"Well, nothing. I'm – I don't know what to say to her, you know? It – it's – it's like it's all just too much, and...I don't want to overwhelm her"

"Don't make things needlessly complicated, as you humans tend to do. I'll call you" Castiel hangs up.

"Yeah. Great. That's helpful. Thanks" Dean says sarcastically.

**********

"Hey, Cas, what do you got?" Dean asks as he picks up the phone.

Castiel is standing slightly behind a very leafy tree "I think I may have found Sam's location. It's a farm. It appears empty, but it was rented two weeks ago to a woman with an English accent"

"Did you have a look inside?" Dean asks her.

"No, no, it's – it's powerfully warded"

"Powerfully warded? Okay, see, honey, that – that was your headline right there"

Castiel shakes her head and looks down "Are we still discussing the same thing?"

"Where are you?" Dean asks, smiling amused.

"I'll text you the address"

"Okay, got it. I'm on my way" Dean hangs up.

**********

Farmhouse

The impala pulls up. Castiel is leaning against the truck. Dean and Mary exit the impala and walks up to Castiel. "Where's all this warding you mentioned?" Dean asks her.