13x13 - Devils Bargain

Forest

Castiel stumbles through a forest at night. She's having flashbacks of Lucifer beating her up. She passes out. Next morning two boys discover Castiel.

"Told you I found a body. See"

"Dead" the second boy pokes Castiel with a stick. Castiel wakes and the two boys run off screaming. Castiel goes back to the building she and lucifer escaped from. "Lucifer! Where are you?"

**********

Bunker

Dean, Sam and Castiel are sitting at the library table. "Let me get this straight – you were kidnapped, weeks ago, locked up. Cas, I just talked to you on the phone" Dean tells her.

"No. No. Asmodeus had my phone. You've been talking to him" Cas tells Dean, rubbing her forehead.

"What did he want with you?" Sam asks her.

"Well, he must have wanted Lucifer. I just, I just happened to be in proximity"

"Lucifer? No, no" Sam protests.

"No, we slammed his ass back to apocalypse world how did—" Dean also protests.

"Kevin Tran" Cas cuts him off.

"Kevin Tran" Dean repeats in shock.

"Apocalypse world version, yes. We managed to open a rift using Lucifer's grace"

"They have an angel tablet?" Sam asks.

"Yes. And the archangel, Michael, again the Apocalypse world version, wants to use the spell to invade and conquer our world. That's why I met with Lucifer" Cas explains.

"So...you met...Cas, I specifically told you not to do anything stupid" Dean reminds her.

"Well, he was weak and given the context of our imminent annihilation it didn't seem stupid. Lucifer wanted to help fight Michael"

"Oh yeah, Lucifer wanted to help, sure" Sam scoffs.

"If he was lying I'd have known. He was, he was scared. But Asmodeus showed up before we could finish our conversation and when we finally managed to escape Lucifer did try to kill me"

"Oh so much for helping" Dean comments.

"He say anything about our mom?" Sam asks.

"She's alive. That's all I know. I'm sorry"

**********

Dean walks in carrying the demon tablet. "It's a long shot at best" Cas tells him.

"Yeah, well, most of what we do are long shots, you get used to it. Cas, I'm sorry. All that time you were with Asmodeus, I should have known it wasn't you" Dean apologizes to her.

"No, he's a shapeshifter. Besides, I was the one who got myself captured" Cas assures him.

"Yeah, but if Sam and I knew you know we would have—"

"Yeah, I know you would have tried another long shot. I'm fine, Dean" Cas assures him, putting her hand against his cheek caressing it.

"You sure about that?" Dean asks her, having a gentle grip on her wrist. He takes her hand away from his cheek and kisses her hand.