12x03 - The Foundry

Bunker

Mary sits alone at a table in the Men of Letters bunker, looking through John's journal. It's the middle of the night. Castiel looks concerned and walks up to Mary. She sees her and smiles tiredly at her "Castiel. What are you doing up?"

"Oh, I'm always up. Angels don't need sleep. Usually at night I just cuddle with Dean while he sleeps"

Mary looks surprised at that information, and looks down towards the journal again "Wish I had the problem"

Castiel enters the room further and walks up to the table Mary is sitting at. She sighs and closes the journal "Anyway...I think I'll go try again" Mary stands up and starts to move away from the table. "Wish me luck"

"Luck"

Mary stops and turns around to look at Castiel "Castiel?" Castiel turns around to face Mary "After you left heaven, when did it start to feel like...like you fit, like you...belonged here?"

"Well, I'm still not sure I do" Mary gives a small sigh and smiles, then turns back around to leave. Castiel speaks to her again "Mary...you do belong here"

Mary smiles "Goodnight, Castiel"

**********

Morning

Castiel walks into the doorway of the kitchen "Morning, sunshine. Some coffee?" Dean asks her.

 Some coffee?" Dean asks her

"No, thank you. I have to go" Castiel walks away. Sam and Dean get up to follow her.

"Cas?" Sam calls.

"Cas, wait up" Dean says.

"Hey. Wait a second. Where you off to?" Sam asks her.

Castiel pauses and turns around to answer "Cleveland, Ohio"

"For what?"

"I think I may have a lead on Lucifer. I found a police report in Cleveland about a man whose eyes flared a glowing red. It could be Lucifer in a new body"

"All right. Yeah, that sounds like something. We should go check it out" Dean tells her.

"No. The devil is free because of me. Finding him is my responsibility" Castiel argues.

"Cas, you're gonna want some backup on this" Sam tells her.

"If it is him, I will call you. In the meantime, I think you're needed here" Castiel nods her head at the boys, she kisses Dean on the cheek before turning and walking away.