12x19 - The Future

Bunker

Sam sits at the map table, when Dean approaches him. "Wow. What's up, beautiful mind?" Dean asks him, looking at his work.

"Guess I just figured we can't exactly track Dagon, so I've been reading up on Nephilim, trying to figure out how much time we have before—"

"Lil Lucifer pops?" Dean cuts him off.

"Yeah. Okay, so we know Kelly got pregnant sometime in early December. According to the lore, Nephilim don't need 9 months to get to full term, so I think she will be giving birth around may 18th. Which means—" Sam explains.

"We have less than a month to find her"

"Yeah, and exactly no idea where to start"

"Okay, but even if we do find her, what then?" Dean asks.

Sam shakes his head "I don't know. I mean, I – I" Sam gets cut off by the bunker door opening and Cas entering. "Cas"

"Hello"

"Hey. You're all right. Um – where have you been?" Sam asks her. Cas walks down the stairs.

"Let me rephrase that for Sam. Where the hell have you been? And why have you ignored our phone calls?" Dean stares straight in the eyes.

"Where I was, the – the reception was, uh, poor" Cas stutters.

"No bars? No bars. That's her excuse. Wow" Dean turns to Sam, before looking at her again.

"I was in heaven. I was working with the angels. When I saw Dagon had captured Kelly, I – I thought they could help" Cas steps closer, explaining. Dean narrows his eyes.

"And?" Sam asks.

Castiel shakes her head "Nothing"

"Well, at least you're back. We're glad you're back" Sam nods.

"Really? No, I'm sorry. Okay, cause while you were striking out in heaven, we had a shot at Dagon, and we lost" Dean tells her, angrily.

"I know. I received your messages" Cas confesses.

"Oh, you did – you did receive the messages? Okay, that's good" Dean turns to look at Sam.

"Dean" Sam warns him, but Dean doesn't listen.

"So not only were you ditching us, but you were also ignoring us? That's great, cause we really could've used the backup. But, uh, you were too busy with, um" He clicks his tongue, "What was it? nothing?"

"Dean, I—"

"What the hell is wrong with you? You know, whatever. That's" Dean chuckles without humor, "Yeah. Welcome back" Dean walks away.

"Dean, y—" Sam tries to stop him, but Dean doesn't even look back.

**********

Dean is on his laptop in his room. There is a knock on the door, but Dean doesn't react. Cas opens the door when Dean doesn't "Sorry, Dean. Um I just wanted to return this" Dean completely ignores her. She puts a cassette on his desk.