13

---Narrator Emma---

        Emma sits quietly in the room on the bed, its dark out. Jeff didn't go killing tonight, he told her he didn't feel like it. She was confused by that statement, but had decided not to say anything about it. She hears the shower turn on, she sighs laying back on the bed. She's not sure how long she's been away from her mom, but its felt like forever. She turns on Jeff's TV watching the news. "Police have been looking for Emma Campbell for over two weeks now-" Emma turns the TV off, so she doesn't have to listen. She closes her eyes, feeling tears leak down her face.

---Narrator Jeff---

        Jeff stands in the shower rubbing his face trying to figure out what is going on. He keeps getting this weird pain in his chest. He can't look Emma in the eye. He can't yell at her without feeling guilty afterwards. His knees get weak just thinking about her. Jeff covers his eyes, slowly touching the scar on his mouth with one hand. 'She always stares at it' he thinks rubbing the scab. Jeff climbs out of the shower, looking at himself in the mirror. His charcoal hair falls down, almost touching his hips. His ash colored skin stands out against his hair, his eyes are fully white except for his pupils. The dark rims around his eyes are always there, no matter how much sleep he gets.

        He sighs, touching the scabbed over smile on his face. He looks at his knife. "We can't have it healing..." he whispers in a gruff voice. Taking the knife in his hand he sets the tip to the corners of his mouth. Slowly pushing past the scab, he winces. Taking a deep breath he rips his cheek apart, letting the blood drip down his face and onto his still damp body. He does the same to the other side. The smile is perfect. He rubs his fingers across his freshly opened smile, staining them red. He'll need another shower...

---Narrator Emma---

        Emma opens her eyes, seeing Jeff looking down at her. She jumps up staring at his freshly opened wound. Jeff gives her a 'what' face. "Why were you staring at me?" she asks scooting away. "I wasn't, I wanted Becca" he says pointing to the stuffed bear next to her. She picks it up carefully trying not to break it. Jeff takes it from her, holding the bear to his chest affectionately as he goes and sits in the beanbag chair. He then stands up again, grabbing the face mask off the table near Emma's head. Then, they fall asleep