24

---Narrator Emma---

        Emma sighs, scrubbing the dishes trying to get them all finished so she can go play video games. Ben's next to her, drying them and putting them in the cupboards and drawers. Ben sighs too, looking over at Emma. Emma sighs even louder. Ben groans climbing up onto a chair to put the dishes away. Emma starts scrubbing again, putting more dishes in the other sink to be rinsed off, Sally starts rinsing and handing them to Ben to dry them and put them away. Once the dishes are done, and their punishment is over they go into the living room to play video games with Ben. 

        Emma starts to get bored. "I'm going to take a shower" she tells Ben and Sally, who are too entranced with the game to even hear her. She shrugs, walking up the steps to see Jeff's door wide open. She gulps looking around, tiptoeing up to the door she peeks in. The room is empty, she slips in and grabs her clothes or the day, glancing back at the clock, lunch should be done soon. She walks quickly down the hallway and to the bathroom. 

        She knocks first just in case someones in there. Smiling she steps in, locking the door behind her. She undresses quickly and jumps into the shower. She takes the body wash and starts to wash herself. after that, she cleans her hair. As she's rinsing she looks down, blood trickles down her leg. She gasps, grabbing the towel from the rack to her left. She quickly searches the bathroom for a tampon or something. She finds a pad. "Thank god" she mutters setting it by her clothes.

        She gets back in the shower and rinses her hair out the rest of the way. Stepping out she does her business and gets dressed in a dark grey tank top, and a black and white polka dotted skirt. She sighs, walking out of the bathroom to run straight into Slenderman who's trying to get Sally dressed. "Oops, sorry" she says hopping down the steps and to the kitchen, where Clockwork is sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal. "Hey" She says walking to the table. "Hey" Clockwork says shoving another mouthful of cereal into her mouth. Emma laughs, getting herself a bowl.

---Narrator Jeff---

        Jeff glares out the window, he's currently sitting in the attic of the large mansion drawing on a piece of paper. He's trying to draw a cat, but it looks more like a deformed Tyrannosaurus Rex. Frowning he lays back, watching a bat flutter around in the corner. A spider makes its way across his fingers. "Hey beautiful" he whispers picking her up. The spider seems to look at him with giant eyes. He lifts his hand to his face, watching the spider crawl. 

        Jeff's smile seems to get wider, suddenly, he closes his hand, squishing the small spider in between his fingers. He laughs, wiping the arachnids juices from his palm. He stops laughing to look out the window again, water droplets trickle down the glass. The rain starts to hit the window harder. Jeff sighs, not being able to see out the window anymore he heads down the steps.

        Jeff walks to his room, shutting the door behind him. He grabs his clothes, walking to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After his shower Jeff head downstairs to get something to eat. Jeff walks into the kitchen, seeing Emma and Clockwork finishing bowls of cereal. Jeff makes himself a sandwich quickly and walks out of the room, deciding to eat in the living room instead. 

---Narrator Emma---

        'I should say sorry for slapping him' Emma thinks watching Jeff walk out of the room from the corner of her eye. She taps her fingertips softly against the table, biting her lip. Finally, after five long minutes of thinking she stands up, putting her bowl in the sink and walks out of the room, going to find Jeff.

        She finds him in the living room, eating his sandwich while watching TV. Awkwardly, Emma sits beside him feeling uncomfortable. "Hey u-" "What?" Emma's cut off by Jeff's growling. Emma sighs looking up at his face "I'm sorry for slapping you" she says. "Why? I deserved it" he growls standing up and walking away from her. 

        Emma glares at his back "You don't have to be a dick" she suddenly blurts. Jeff turns towards her "Excuse me?" he asks while Emma covers her mouth, realizing what she had just said. "Nothing" she squeaks watching Jeff walk back over to her. Jeff grabs her by the arm "Don't you ever say anything like that again. Got it" he hisses, his angry face just centimeters from her frightened one.

        Emma nods quickly, feeling tears in the corners of her eyes from the pressure he's putting on her arm. "Good" he growls letting her go and walking out of the room. Emma whimpers, rubbing her now bruise covered arm, the bruises are in the shape of fingers. Emma lets out a shaky breath, standing up she wobbles silently up the steps. She can hear Jeff in his room, throwing things. 

        Emma takes a breath, reaching for the door handle. She opens the door, peeking inside. Jeff is laying face down on his bed now, his shoulders are moving up and down. Emma doesn't say anything, just watches him silently. Emma reaches down and grabs the blanket, walking over to the bed she lays it over Jeff. He doesn't do anything but  turn his head slightly to look at her. His cheeks are damp, so Emma wipes them with the corner of the blanket.

        "Go to sleep" She murmurs trying not to smile while grabbing the bear and laying it near him. She hears Jeff laugh dryly at her little reenactment of him. Emma smiles, grabbing a sweatshirt that Jane had given her and pulling it on. She and looks back at Jeff who is now sitting up and looking at her. "Yes?" she asks. "Why are you so nice to me? Even if I'm as you said...a dick" Jeff asks leaning towards her. Emma shrugs "I see good in you, and I wish that I could change you. But I know I can't, and even if you lash out, I'll still believe that you can change" Is all Emma says before walking out of the room.

---Narrator Jeff---

        "Why are you so nice to me? Even if I'm as you said...a dick" Jeff asks leaning towards her. Emma shrugs "I see good in you, and I wish that I could change you. But I know I can't, and even if you lash out, I'll still believe that you can change" Is all Emma says before walking out of the room. Jeff sits stunned at what he just heard. 'What does she mean?' he thinks watching the hallway.

        Emma doesn't step back into the room until midnight, and even then all she does is grab one of her pajama pants. Then she leaves the room again. Jeff frowns, laying back on the bed. He grabs his mask, covering his eyes he snuggles himself into the large comforter and falls asleep.