Chapter 4

At the dining room, Sofia was confused. She never used a knife or a fork to eat. She looked at James and he didn't use fork nor knife. He just ate it with his bare hands and ate like a hungry shark. 'Sofia...' Roland interrupted her thoughts. 'Eghhh!!!' Sofia accidentally dropped the forks and knives. 'Err...yes...your majesty' Sofia tried to break the awkward moment. 'Call me Roland or you,the crown or...dad? It's a tradition to provide an official welcome to a new member of the royal family.' Roland said,nicely. He continued 'for your mother,it was the wedding. For you, we will be throwing a royal ball for you honour at week's end.' 'Brilliant!' James interrupted. 'James, manners' Baileywick reminded him. 'I'm sorry' James apologised. 'a ball? Just for me?' Sofia was amazed.

'Father, why didn't I get a ball?' Amber said with her unsastified look face. 'You did, Amber. When you and your brother were born' Roland said,smiling. 'You don't remember?' James teased Amber. 'Sofia,it will be a royal debut and you and I shall dance the first walts' Roland said.

'Oh...Roley...you're so sweet' Miranda interrupted. 'I had to dance?' Sofia asked,nervously. 'Well.the better way to let the kingdom Tri area know that Princess Sofia has arrived.' Roland said. Sofia just showed her fake smile.

Bailey wick showed Sofia her new room. 'This is my room?!' Sofia said, excitedly while looking at the wrong room. 'No sweetie. This is your room' Bailey wick showed her room and opened the door for her. 'It's so...huge' Sofia startled with amazement. 'Looks like a princess style for me. You've got your canary bed, window seat, playing area, reading nook.' He paused a little while and he opened a door filled with gowns and accessories.

He continued 'And in here, you find your all gowns and accessories' 'wow!' Sofia said. 'Now if you need anything at all, anytime a day, all you have to do is ring this bell' Bailey wick quickly rang the bell. 'Yes?' A lady appeared which looked like a royal assistant. 'Do you need anything?' Bailey wick asked Sofia.

'I don't know...do I?' Sofia replied. 'Well, when you know what you need, you know what to do' Bailey wick then headed towards the exit door. 'Good evening Princess Sofia' Bailey wick said before he closed the door. 'Night!' Sofia added. Sofia sighed. Too much for a princess. Then, she sang a song.

Everything seems crazy big and I'm feeling unsteady

Mom says I'll be just fine but I don't think I'm ready

New school, new friends, new families and the ball they want me to dance

I'm just a little girl from a small small town

In this world that I don't stand a chance!!!

(Sigh)

I'm not ready to be a princess!

I don't have what it takes

I'm too short for gowns

I look bad in crown

And I'm gonna make a vagillion mistakes

I'm too average to a princess

I respectfully refuse

I don't know the rules

I don't want the jewels

AND THESE FEET WERE MADE FOR COMFORTABLE SHOES

SHELVES BURSTING WITH FANCY TRINKETS

THAT I'M TOO SCARED TO TOUCH

FANCY TOYS AND GINORMOUS PILLOWS

ITS ALL TOO MUCH!!! TOO MUCH!!!

I'M NOT READY TO BE A PRINCESS

ONE LOOK AND THAT SEEMS CLEAR

CANCEL MY DEBUT

KEEP YOUR ROYAL CREW

AND IF I EVER FIND MUM'S ROOM

I'M OUTTA HERE

SOFIA, NOT A NOBLE NAME

SOFIA

EVEN MY WAVE IS LAME

I'M... NOT ...READY ...TO BE A PRINCESS

'Sofia?' Miranda opened her bedroom door. 'Oh mom!' Sofia ran and hugged her. Miranda hugged her and led her into her room.

In Miranda & Roland's room

'What's the matter, sweetheart?' Miranda asked nicely. 'I don't want a royal ball' Sofia said in a sad tone. 'Oh sweetie, I never knew you turned down a party, especially just one for you.' Miranda added. 'But I don't know anything about being a princess' Sofia said as she took off her tiara from her head. 'And I don't know how to dance. I'm gonna tripped and...and everyone's gonna laugh at me' 'you'll do fine. And besides, no one ever laugh at a princess' Miranda said. 'Says who?' Sofia frowned. 'Come here, Sofia. Just try the best you can. And if it's not good enough for stuffies, dukes and duchess and that's their problem' Miranda said as she put Sofia's tiara onto her head. Roland who was standing there suddenly spoke up 'Sofia, I have something for you. Consider it as a welcome gift' Roland showed a purple, beautiful amulet to Sofia. Sofia was amazed. 'It's...beautiful...' 'It's a very special amulet but promise me to never take it off. That way you never loose it' Roland added again as he put the amulet around Sofia's neck. 'I promise' Sofia nodded. 'Now, go to bed. You have Princess School in the morning' 'Princess School?' Sofia asked. 'Royal prep. When all the princes and princesses from the kingdom get to learn a royal way...including anything you need to know for the royal ball which I'm very much looking forward too.' Roland explained. 'Me too. Thank you!' Sofia said with a smile. 'Good night, Sofia.' Roland said as he went for bed. 'Night!' Sofia replied. 'Everything's gonna be just fine.' Miranda said as she kissed Sofia's forehead.

Sofia was on her way to her room. Unluckily, she bumped into Cedric again. 'Sorry Mr.Seedrick.' Sofia quickly apologised to him. 'Cedric' Cedric corrected her. 'why can't you ran..amulet?' Cedric said as he looked closer at Sofia's amulet. 'Isn't it lovely? The king gave it to me. Well good night!' Sofia walked while humming happily. When she was out of sight, Cedric said excitedly 'She has the Amulet of Avalor.' He continued again 'but...nor for long' Cedric said with his evil grin.

Cedric quickly ran to his workshop. 'After all this years, I can't believe the Amulet of Avalor was right under my nose!!!!' Cedric said while flipping his spell book. There's a picture of the Amulet of Avalor inside it and it looks exactly like Sofia's amulet. His bird pet, Wormy came and sat on Cedric's shoulder. 'Now all I have to do is to take Princess Sofia's amulet and take over the kingdom! Hohoho!' Cedric said to Wormy.

Sofia was humming happily while climbing her bed. She took her doll under her pillow on the bed and sighed 'maybe I am ready to be a princess' Sofia then lay between her two pillows. Unfortunately, her head slipped and fell flat between the two pillows. She stood up with embarrassment. She then switch the bed lamp and sighed. Too much for a princess.