Chapter 9

'Ring!!!'

The school bell rings which means lunch break. The students rushed to the playground. Sofia, meanwhile just followed them. 'And then, she dropped her books all over to the floor.' Amber said to her friends. Sofia went to Amber's friends and greeted them 'hi, I am Sofia. Amber's sister.' 'Step sister!' Amber corrected her. Amber's friends rushed to Sofia and said 'woa! Nice amulet.' 'Thank you' Sofia said with a smile. 'Are you gonna wear it to the ball?' 'We're all going!' 'We can't wait!' They said, excitedly. Amber frowned and left them.

Meanwhile, James was playing a football game. He kicked the ball and...Amber stopped the ball with her feet. 'Oh hi Amber! What's going on?' James greeted her. 'I think it's time for Sofia to ride on the magic swing.' Amber said while showing him the magic swing. 'Huh... I don't know Amber...father asked us to give her a few welcome.' 'Isn't that how you welcomed all the new students?' Amber eyed him evilly while covered her face by her fan. 'Well...alright!' James said as he put the ball down. James went to Sofia. 'Hey Sofia!' 'Oh...hi James! What's going on?' James took her by her shoulder. 'Have you tried the enchanted swing set? You don't have to kick. It swings itself. Go on, try it.' James lead and showed her the swing. 'Swings itself? Never heard of that before...' Sofia said while sitting on the swing. She placed her hands on the swing rope and it started to move slowly.

Slowly, slowly, faster, faster and fast! The swing is too fast and Sofia automatically was in the air. Luckily, she fell into the pond. It didn't hurt her so badly. 'Good one James! You got me!' Sofia said while trying to show her fake smile. It was so mortifying. James, meanwhile was feeling guilty for her. Zengard quickly went to her and pulled her out from the water. 'Don't worry, the first day is always the hardest. He played the same trick on me too.' 'I'll better go dry off, before the next class' Sofia said while leaving Zengard. 'Sofia! Wait!' James said loudly. 'I thought you said she was your sister. Sheesh!' Zengard said while leaving James. 'She is...' James said, sighing.