Part 12

Max had left to go off somewhere and Cayden didn't want to tell me where, and it was just my luck that my freaking heat decided to start. I know heat is for the whole mating to be completed when mates find each other and don't complete the whole mating bond.

But for us mated wolves this heat is one to tell our mates we are ovulating and ready to carry babies. So I am trying to ignore it since I only have one mate with me at the moment and I need both so it will be fair and a good possibility to be impregnated by both at once.

"Babygirl why do you smell like you're in heat when the whole mating has been completed weeks ago?" Cayden asked as he walked into the living room. "It's the other heat for mated she-wolves" I explain and he nods as he watches the movie I was, then he looks back at me so fast I feel like I got the whiplash.

"But Max is away," he said "I know, so just ignore it," I tell him "we can't this is a rare one time heat for quite a while" he explains to me." I understand that but I want you both to make love to me so it could improve getting knocked up by you both at once" I reason with him.

He sighed then got up and headed off somewhere, I could faintly hear him say something so I guessed he was on the phone with someone." Max she doesn't want to do it unless you here to join" he said and I sighed knowing he was telling Max what was said and me refusing to deal with this heat.

" I am mad at him, I feel like I am being pressured," Amara said "awe, I am so sorry Amara," I tell her she simply nods then goes to the back of my mind. I stand up and walk right up behind Cayden. "you know you calling and complaining to Max isn't gonna make me wanna fuck you any sooner.now that I know that you will do this you can forget about mating with me. I am not gonna have a feeling of being pressured nor will my wolf.that goes for you as well Max" I say making sure Max heard it all as well before I turned and walked off.

I slammed the door to a room shut and locked it, no way in hell am I gonna mate when I feel like I am being pressured, or being tattled on you can forget it. I took a warm shower and got dressed then slipped into the bed and got cozy before slipping into a peaceful dream.

~~

Few days went by and I have not talked to Cayden or Max. Cayden for the shit he pulled and Max for leaving without telling me where he was going, I mean we are mates you don't just leave and expect everything to be fine and dandy when you come back. It doesn't work that way with me.

I heard my phone buzzing so I quickly answered it seeing my best friend. "hello sweety" I answer "hey I was calling to see if you are stilling coming for the birth of my baby?" she asked "of course I will baby, when do they think you will go in labor?" I asked  "tomorrow actually, that's why I am calling you to see if you will come here today," she tells me.

"Let me pack some things and I will be there about an hour before midnight or sooner," I tell her then start packing up some outfits and toiletries before I zipped up my suitcase and left the house loaded up my suitcase and headed to my best friend." I am on my way now to be on the lookout you or Dar" I tell her.

We hung up and I put a block on my mind link, there is no way they will find out where I am. Nor will they get in contact with me, this trip is about my girl, not them or the ordeal we are going through.

~~

I parked when I reached Abby's and Dar's place and killed the engine before getting out and went to grab my bag but a nervous looking Dar beat me to it. He grinned" hi Athena how are you?" he asked "I am excited for you and Abby" I answer honestly.

"So are we, but we are nervous about being first-time parents," he tells me as we walk inside."Where is she?" he nods up the stairs and I take off to there room so I can see my girl. I knock and hear her say come in before I open the door and run over to her.

I am careful when I hug her, I mean we are all excited about the baby coming soon, but I wasn't gonna squeeze the baby out of her, so I took caution with how hard I hugged her. "So what are you having ?" I asked as I took a seat next to her making her chuckle. "Oh, Athena how I miss being around you and doing our everyday girl talk and other things" she replies.

"I know hunny, I miss that all too. and I am sorry I don't call as much or face time you at all. I am such a horrible friend" I say with a pout. "No, you have just been busy with your mates which I have noticed are not with you so I want you to tell me why."

I rolled my eyes at her nosy self, even after our time apart she is still nosy as she ever was. I shook my head, "I am not here to talk about them, I am here for you and to share this moment like we promised each other we would do when one of us become pregnant."

She sighed and laid more into the pillows and relaxed then rubbed her belly. Dar walked in and joined us. "So what are you having? "I asked my question she didn't answer. "We want it to be a surprise so we will wait till little one comes into the world," Dar tells me and I nod " have you thought of possible names?"

"We will know it when we see them," Abby tells me then grabs my hand before I could ask another question. " No more questions Athena," she tells me and I sigh. "I am just trying to catch up on all that I have missed since I have been gone," I tell her then get up and head for the door. " I will let the two of you be, please let me know when it's time," I say before I walk out to look for my bag and take it outside with me and get back into my car.

"She has changed and she seems like she doesn't want us here even when she was the one who asked when she found out about being pregnant, then called to tell us that she could go into labor soon possibly, and wanting to know when we could come" Amara says and I agree with her.