Chapter XV:Blackstone Keep

Tiberius had been taken back to the keep, his neck bound by chain. Apollyon had made him walk the whole trip back, his hands chained like his neck, and she made sure to harass him. She was angry with him, but happy he misbehaved so she could have reason to torture him. “ Alright, welcome home Tiberius. I’m sure you missed it here, now. I’ll personally escort you to your new room. Also, I appreciate you taking my horse”. She mocked with delight. Tiberius was silent, his loss had stifled him and the defiance towards his mother made it more aggressive. She took him through the halls, then turned down an old corridor, it’s walls mossed and cracked. He had been here once before but too young to remember, she was taking him to a dungeon. “So Tiberius, how’s it feel, to know you killed your father and your wife”? As slight jolt made Apollyon turn, her son still and glaring. Though she was smiling at his defiance she was angered by it, ‘at least he’s bold still’. “What? Did I say something wrong? Let me ask again, how does it feel to know you Tiberius killed your own blood? Your father, your weak father and that rodent you called a Wife-”. Tiberius dashed forth and bashed his helmet with hers. “You’re the only rodent I’ve met”. He spoke, his tone harsh but rough, dry. “Spit all the insults you want, soon you’ll regret it”. She yanked his chain and hustled him along. The light seemed less and less as the traversed, then light once more. Torches along the walls, shackles next to them, ironing tools and small mallets had been racked up. Then in the middle, an angled torture table. “There is where you’ll reside mostly, as my toy”. She smiled to herself, “But, today you’ll be in your old room. Just so I can give  your new living space a touch up, your sister might pay you a visit”.

Tiberius once more was quiet, his mind began to wonder, reminiscing of his days with Sophia. “You can beat me, hurt me, stab me, do whatever, nothing will amount to your hate. Don’t call me your son, I’m Tiberius Veronis, child of Marcus Veronis. My mother died”.  Apollyon stared, but her mind wandered. ‘Not my son..I, NO. No, weakness never prevails’. She pulled the chain and punched his gut, he stumbled but regained himself not caring for the pain. Footsteps trailed behind Apollyon, Ira leaned on the wall, staring at the man in black. “So, you snagged him. Good to see you brother”. “The feelings mutual, cunt”. His voice had malice, his hands wanted to grasp her neck but the chains binded him back. “Hm, Ira, take your brother to his room. I need to get this place ready for him”. She passed the chained leash to her daughter, taking it Ira huffed slightly pulling the chain, “Come along dog”.  The male growled lowly as he abided, his mind dated back to his love, remembering her face, her laughter echoed through the halls and into his ears. They proceeded through the halls, as they walked everyone that passed looked concerned. Whether it was because of Tiberius in chains, or the fact that a short woman was pulling him around like a dog. “Here you are Tiberius, enjoy it while it last. Soon you’re going back into the hole”. Tiberius walked into the room and slowly sat on his bed, then looked to his wife’s side. “Sophia..”. He whispered, “what? You miss her? I’m sure you’ll see her again, depending on where mother lets you roam”. He just stared at the bed, his mind raced, as his heart trailed not too far behind.

“Sophia.. Sophia’s dead Ira”. Ira almost looked shocked, but wondered what happened, clearly he’d be the one dead instead of her. “What? You loved her and you let her die”? Tiberius stood and got in her face yelling, I DID ALL I COULD! BUT YOUR MOTHER IS THE REASON SHE’S DEAD! I loved her, I’d never let her be hurt, but SHE killed her. That’s why I’m here, all I wanted was my Wife safe and happy and that bitch killed her”! Ira stayed in the doorway, her mother had killed Sophia? Ira knew that Apollyon was harsh and liked to use and beat her son, especially to build his strength but. Killing his wife seemed evil, yes she knew Apollyon had dislikes towards Sophia but killing her? She was young, and not even Ira would harm her that much. “She killed Sophia..? W-why”? Tiberius scoffed as he looked around the room, hearing Sophia’s voice around him. “She wanted to hurt me, everything she did was to to hurt me. She knew that I was strong to fight back, so she killed my only outlooks for life. Sophia and Father.. She knew it would kill me, so she did whatever she wanted to bring me home..”. “Only outlooks? I am here for you. I’m your sister”. He faced her, then narrowed in, “My sister? My sister. You’re equivalent to that woman who keeps me in chains. You’re no sister, you beat me like she does. Above all you threatened my wife”. Ira removed his helmet and stared into his worn eyes, the rims around where black like coal. “You look so tired..Listen, I’m sorry about everything. I am. I, I’ve done some thinking and I’m sorry about all of it. When I yelled at you, attacked you. Especially before you left, I, I’m sorry. Father came to me in a dream and opened my eyes, and I’ going to be that big sister I should’ve been”.
Tiberius rolled his eyes and sat, his eyes locked to a box under the bed.