8: Deal, or no deal

Chapter 8
Sya's POV

Dice carried me up to Cyrus's office not saying a word to. He's nicer than he seems, he puts on a front when others are around but he comes and checks on me and gives me extra food when he can. I'm starting to think he's related to that woman. They've got the same eyes and gave shape, but if she's my mom that means Dice would be my brother.

Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Dice gently put me on my feet and I gripped on his shirt in pain. "Ouch." He gave me a concerning look. "I'll tell Lady to wrap your knee up later". He said in a whisper. Lady Is what they call Cyrus's women, aka the woman I think is my mom.

He gave me a friendly pat on the back because we both know going in Cyrus' office could go horribly wrong.

I looked from the door to see Dice walking away.

"Wait, I have a question." He stopped without looking at me. "Is Lady- Is she your mom?" He sighed "Yes and she's yours too. When you're not around she talks about you like your a god. I think she's plotting a way to get him back. it's a lot you and dad don't know but it's more to the story that I dont have time to explain."

He never turned, he just walked down the hall and left me alone to stand there. I shifted my attention back to the task at hand dealing with that situation will have to wait. Cyrus is what I need to be focusing on.

"Come on Sya you can do it". I walked up to the door and have it three hard knocks.

"Come in." His deep voice seeped through the door making me want to turn around and walk away in fear. But I swallowed back the feeling and opened the door.

Cyrus was sitting behind a cherry red desk with Lady on his lap. Dhe looked at me for the dust tint without that hospital mask on. It was her definitely her, just as beautiful as the pictures. I blinked away the sudden urge to cry making sure that I want showing him any emotion.

"What have you came here for?" He asked whole running his right hand up and down her thigh. 

"I'm ready to talk." I said shifting my weight off my bad leg. He patted her tigh and she sat in the window seal behind his desk. Cyrus leaned on his desk with his fingers intertwined. "You sure? Because it took you nine damn months to finally work the guts to finally talk to me. I guess you ginally got tired of getting your ass beat."

I nodded in agreement. What he was saying was true. I dont think I can take him hurting me anymore.

"Take a seat."

I gripped my fist tight as I  zombishly walked to the seat in front of his desk. I uneasily sat down on the cold leather feeling the pressure rise off my knee.

"Why the change of heart all of sudden? I thought you were daddy's girl? I thought you'd want to die keeping your father's secrets safe. I was setting about you little devil."

"Well I guess you were. I want to get out of here and I guess you want money right?" He hesitantly nodded seeming unsure of his own motives. I squinted my eyes taking this opportunity to get deeper. "What's the real reason for all this? I'm sure you've got just a little bit more money than my father. You're home gets is just slightly bigger than ours. When you took me in you had a whole army of people behind you. You must have money if you can keep that many around?"

I crossed my bad leg over the other one feeling myself beginning to win.

"I took something from your father... Well 2 things, and we've fought for years because of it. He thinks I'm just going to hand them over". I looked at my mother and she looked away wiping her tears. I knew exactly what the hell was going on.