Part 3

Mr MacPherson entered his large office. Joseph was there, all clean shaved, looking good in his turquoise suit with his hair tassled yet in a cute way. The man was to take off his suit when his son hurried to help him.
''You said you had something urgent to ask me, Joseph?. What is it?. You could have asked at breakfast''. The man sat looking through some documents. ''Sit, son''.
''Thanks Dad. I knew you had an urgent board meeting so I did not say anything during breakfast rather I came to wait for you here in your office''.
''Then it must be something that could have wasted my time?'', the man asked not looking away from the document.
''Actually, it is something that could startle you or spoil your day...''. Mr MacPherson looked at his son, puzzled. ''I didn't want to place my request before the board meeting. So, we can talk now'', Joseph said.
''Now you've got my attention, boy. What could you possibly request for that can ruin your father's day?''. Joseph smiled.
''Dad, I don't want you to think I hate you or something...''.
''Did you kill someone?''.
''Dad! Let me finish please. How can someone who is still scared of spiders and cockroaches at the age of twenty-seven be able to kill someone?''.
''You're scared of anything that is not human. Even your sister-in-law's Betsy''.
''I hate sister-in-law's cat. That cat, is a beast. I warn all of you that one day Betsy will wound you''. Mr MacPherson laughed.
''Is that what you request? Betsy's extinction?''.
''Then I will dress so galantly? For a cat? No Dad, Betsy is not worthy to be the last thing in the list of my problems''.
''So? What is it?'', asked Mr MacPherson.
''It's not something you can't do, anyway''.
''Let me be the judge of that, Joseph''.
''Fine. Here I go. I need what's mine''.
''Excuse me? It's that a statement?''.
''Dad, I need what's mine''. The man took off his glasses and placed it on the table.
''Son, don't...I hope my guesses are not correct?''.
''That depends. If your guess is that I need my inheritance, then yes, your guesses are correct''. Mr MacPherson wanted his son to deny it.
''Do you know what you are asking for?''.
''My inheritance, dad. Big Brother and yourself are too busy with your work in  the church and the company. I feel unimportant and so I need to find my comfort zone, dad''.
''Stop talking like you're some ill-treated Cinderella. Stop talking nonsense boy''. Mr MacPherson was already standing like his son and hitting the table. ''Have you been drinking?. Are you drunk?''.
''Dad,'', Joseph said chuckling, ''you probably didn't know but