4

Mr McPherson picked his phone as it rang. He had been sitting on the chair Joseph had sat on, looking at nothing in articular, calling for divine guidance to do the right thing.
   "Hello Dad. Dad?. Are you there?"
    "I hear you son," came a faint reply.
    "Why do you sound like that, Dad?. I just arrived now, I'm coming up to meet you," Jacob said and cut the line. As he entered the staff greeted him. He responded and hurried to the elevator. In less than thirty seconds he was in his father's office.
   "Dad, what happened?. Your eyes are red. Have you been crying?. Secretary Dan had said the board meeting went well. Dad?, Dad?". Jacob sat on the chair facing his father. The man's voice was cracked.
   "Joseph, your younger brother, just left".
    "Okay!. How does that call for tears?. We all ate breakfast this morning so I know he's doing well". He stood.
    "He madea request. He wants his own share. You hear me, Jacob?. His own share".
   "Dad, tell me my guess is not correct".
     "If your guess is that he wants his share of inheritance then yes, your guess is a hundred percent correct. Look at me repeating his words," Mr McPherson murmured to himself. Jacob dropped on the tiled floor, shaking his head.
    "No, Dad. That can't be. Tell me it's not true, Dad. Joseph won't say that".
     "That's not the shocking part, Jacob. Did you know that since my wife died, your brother has been living a wayward life?. Drinking, smoking and partying?". Jacob could not hold himself. Tears came out. He screamed and hit the floor.
     "No, no, LORD. Not Joseph. Please don't let the devil take Joseph. No".