contd

when mum died, I started hitting the bottle".His father was shocked.
  No, that's not true. You were only seventeen then, Joseph." The young man laughed.
  "Dad, I just told you. I feel like an outcast. A year after Big Brother's wedding, mum died. I needed to comfort myself. I saw a bottle in a friends's hand. I had already drank it before he tried to stop me. I think that's when it all started."
  "How come you never told me? After ten years? Joseph McPherson!."
   "I tried to tell you but you too were swimming in your own grief. Your wife was dead, how could I have said I just started taking alcohol?. Jacob will not come out of his room or talk to Beatrice, his wife. He personally kept all mum's clothes in a room and will go there to hug them and cry. I could not tell him either. Sister-in-law Beatrice was at the verge of losing her husband. I was the first person she told that she was pregnant because Jacob will not talk to her. After Julian's birth, life returned to the family. When my nephew was born should I said it then?. I was already drinking, smoking and partying then. After Julian was his sister Julia, was it then I should have talked?. When was he last time you, dad, put me to sleep and sang for me?. When waw the last time you sat on my bed and watched me dress to go out?. When was the last time we had a father-son time, huh?". Mr McPherson was already crying. Joseph's tears was uncontrollable even thouh he tried to use an angry tone and annoyance to wave it off. Still, he cried. His father came and hugged him tight. Joseph calmed down.
   "Dad, this hug should have happened ten years ago. You pat my back and congratulate me when I achieve something but for being your son, you never just hugged me like this". He relaesed himself. "Dad, please I want my inheritance".
He walked out, covering his face, entering the car and zooming off to his apartment hat his father had given him a month ago on his birthday.