Chapter 54

"The thought of you is enough to make me do things I have never done before."

Aahana walked into the kitchen and smiled warmly at Nisha who smiled back, her eyes glinting mischievously

Aahana walked into the kitchen and smiled warmly at Nisha who smiled back, her eyes glinting mischievously. She nudged Aahana with her elbow and wiggled her eyebrows. "So..."

"So?" Aahana grabbed a kettle and put it over the stove, turning on the heat as she tried to act nonchalant.

Nisha groaned and rolled her eyes. "You are practically glowing. So quit the act and tell me."

Aahana looked up and eyed Nisha curiously. "You speak like you have already done it. Have you?"

"Haha, very funny." Nisha's eyes widened, but she quickly pulled a neutral expression. "Of course not. I just know."

"Quit the act and tell me," Aahana mimicked her and turned off the gas. She poured the milk into two mugs containing coffee and sugar and stirred it continuously until she saw the foam form on it.

"Well, actually..." Nisha trailed off softly. "In college, I met this boy..."

"Oh my! Why didn't you tell me sooner? Are you in a relationship?"

Nisha bit her lip and nodded shyly. "Yeah, five years."

"That's so amazing, Nisha. I'm so happy." Aahana hugged her tightly. "Did you tell dad?"

Nisha pulled away with a sigh. "No. After mom's death, I don't want to stress him with anything."

"But if you are planning on marrying that man of yours, you should definitely tell him."

"I know. I'll tell him sometime soon but if he doesn't agree, you'll have to be the one to convince him."

"Of course, I promise." Aahana grinned. "So what's loverboy's name?"

"Aayush." She mumbled, narrowing her eyes at Aahana. "And you can't distract me. So how was it?"

"You really want to know? I mean your brother and I, we ha—"

"Hold on! No! As much I'd love to hear the juicy details, it's disgusting to hear about my brother's private life."

Aahana chuckled. "I thought so."

Nisha huffed. "Why hasn't Gita arrived today?"

"Um, I fired her."

"You what?"

Aahana sighed. "I think she liked Atharva, which I couldn't digest. Now please go and call Dad for breakfast."

Nisha giggled and patted Aahana's head but before leaving, she turned around and smirked. "Dad was asking about you both yesterday. I told him you are busy banging each other."

"Nisha!" Aahana's eyes were wide as saucers, her face burning in utter embarrassment.

Nisha snickered at her expression. "Kidding! I told him Bhai won't be home because of work, and you weren't feeling well, so you slept early."

Aahana heaved a sigh and carried the breakfast to the table. "What message did Atharva send you?"

"Do not disturb." She quoted Atharva's words and Aahana let out a gasp, the tray nearly falling from her hand if it wasn't for Nisha who grasped it in time. Nisha cackled and strutted off to call Harshavardhan.

Aahana was setting the table when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and pull her back to a hard chest. He placed a kiss behind her ear and she groaned, turning to pin him with a glare. "Stop before they arrive."

He pressed his lips to her forehead and let go, sitting on his chair and sipping the coffee like nothing happened. "I'm skipping work today."

"Again?" Aahana stared at him. "To do what?"

He winked. "To finish what we left earlier."

Aahana stared at him in horror, turning red like a tomato. She felt her mouth open and close like a fish and open again but seeing Harshavardhan step into the dining room, she shut up and silently slumped beside Atharva.

"How are you feeling now, dear?"

She choked on her coffee and sputtered out the words, turning red. "Yes, I feel better than before."

"Were you not feeling well?" Atharva asked her, his brows furrowed in confusion.

Aahana patted his thigh under the table and gave him a look discreetly when she saw Harshavardhan and Nisha staring at them. "You were in the office. So I didn't want to bother you."

"I didn't expect this from you, Atharva. Take care of her from now on." Harshvardhan shook his head with disappointment shining in his eyes and retired to his study after finishing his breakfast.

"Exactly, Bhai!" Nisha looked like she was trying hard not to laugh as she waved at the two and left.

Aahana suppressed a smile and carried the empty plates to the kitchen. She could hear footsteps behind her and she didn't dare turn around.

"So, this is what you have told Dad?"

Aahana washed the plates and after drying them, she placed them inside the cupboard. "Nisha had to tell something to save us."

She felt his hot breath against the back of her neck and the next thing she knew, she was being lifted in the air. Half laugh half shriek escaped her lips and she tried to wiggle out of his hold but his grip was firm around her as he climbed up the stairs to their room. She opened her mouth to scold him but the words were stuck in her throat when she landed on the bed with a soft oomph.

"I'm not taking care of you, eh?" She felt her heart do somersaults when he climbed on top of her, his face inches away from hers. He captured her lips for a heated kiss and her eyes closed of their own accord. She threaded her fingers into his hair, tugging him closer as she kissed him back. Their tongue caressed each other, discovering the depth and taste of their mouth.

They wouldn't have stopped, they didn't want to, but of course, you cannot survive without air.

He let out a breath and settled beside her, his eyes never leaving hers. Since it was morning, light from the sun cast a soft orange glow over her and she couldn't have looked more breathtaking at that moment. Her cheeks were flushed and he wanted to kiss her some more.

"I love you." A faint, feathery touch of lips against her forehead made her open her eyes.

She smiled and rested her head against his chest, hearing the rhythm of his heart, the only sound other than silence. "I love you too," she murmured into his throat, his weak spot.

He swallowed and wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her closely.

She had never felt so content. The moment was surreal and overwhelming.

Please don't forget to vote and comment!