~It's time~

"You have to go.", I said, standing up from the couch, I headed to my suitcase to change from his shirt. He followed me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer.
"Please. Keep it.", he looked me in the eyes, his fingertips touching the buttons on his shirt on me.
"Okay..", I whispered. "But, please. Go now. It's  time." My palm's caressing his cheek. He leaned forward, kissing me slowly.

  I stepped back, allowing his lips to be free once again. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and turned to grab his things. I went to the door, waiting for him to go.
  Once he's ready, he approached me on the entrance, holding his phone and car keys.
"I'll go now.", he said.
"I know." Stepping aside to let him through.
He pulled me into a hug, putting his chin over my head. "Em?"
"Yes?"
"I want you to know that I- I love you. No matter what. Okay?"
"Okay." He then placed a hard kiss on my forehead, stepping back to look at me and opening the door as he exhaled loudly.

  He left. I was looking at the door for a couple of minutes, trapped in my thoughts.
I sat down on the floor, laying my back and head on the door behind me.
"What am I doing?"

                                      •+++•

  I'm late. Everyone's there by now, I guess. I don't know if I want to go. But, he needs me. At least, this is what he said to me.
'Emilia, please. I can't do this if you're not there with me. I need you.', he said to me while caressing my hair and neck with his fingertips, laying on the bed the night before.

  I'm angry. Why does he have to marry her if he needs me?
'You know I can not escape from this. I will ruin my life. And yours too.', his eyes now piercing mine. 'I can't take that risk, Em. I could never forgive myself.'
'I understand.', I said laying my head on his chest, my eyes lost in the dark room.

                                      •+++•

I took a deep breath. Grabbing my bag, I opened my room's door and headed to the elevator.
  My phone is ringing again. Please don't... *Thank God*, I thought.
"Hello?"
"Emilia? Hi, where are you?"
"On my way, Peter.", I said looking at the ceiling.
"Oh great. Good.", he sounds relieved. "Actually, we are a bit late too. Erika has some things to do first. Would you like to come with us?"
"Oh! Umm...yeah. Yes, why not?!", forcing a smile.
"Great. We will be there in two minutes."
"Okay, I'll be on the front door!", I said while waving goodbye to the security guy. "Oh, and Peter! My hotel's name is-"
"I know the name, don't worry."
What the-?
"Kit told me.", he then told me as if he heard my thoughts.
"Umm..good..see ya in two?", I said holding tighter my bag.
"Yes! Just on our way to you! Bye, Em." He hung up without waiting for my response.
Does it gets any better?

                                      •+++•

  Photographers are everywhere. That was the privacy, Kitten?
  "It's time, as it seems.", Peter said looking at me, tapping my knee. "And Em. Don't worry. I can understand you, things will be better soon." His eyes now looking at the crowd outside.

I didn't say anything. I just smiled waiting for the door to open.
"Peter! A photo please! Emilia!" The flashes went crazy. The people were yelling and clapping their hands, trying to get closer. Oh my god. So many people.

  I managed to arrive at the yard of the church. I immediately spotted Sophie and Maisie and started to walk to them.
"Emilia! You're here!", Maisie said.
"Heyy gurl! I'm glad you came. I thought you were not!" Sophie pulled me into a hug.
"Hi guys! I'm happy to see you again! Where else should I were?!", I said faking a bright smile.
"Right..", Sophie said to me looking me in the eyes, as she was trying to find something in them.
"Look! The ceremony begins, let's take our seats." Maisie said then started to walk with Sophie by her side.
Yup. Let's do this.

  The inside of the church is beautiful, the room big enough for two hundred people. "So it can fit the crowd outside too." I said to myself, observing the place.
"What?", Maisie looked at me.
What-? Nothing.", I flashed an innocent smile to her. She then turn her head, allowing me to let my breath to escape. We took our seats.

  And then, he was there. In front of me, waiting for her to come. His eyes burning into mine, his grib tighter on the flowers.

  Music started to play. The piano's melody echoing in the church. She is here. She's behind me. I can see it in his eyes. She tapped my shoulder and flashed a smile. I smiled back at her. I looked at her as she was approaching him. Her dress is beautiful. Her make up simple and innocent. His hand stretching to grab hers and to help her stand next to him. He looked at me one more time. One last time. And then, his back was on me.

  The ceremony has began. They were standing in front of each other, their hands embraced.
"Repeat after me, please. I, Kit,"
"I, Kit,"
"Take you, Rose,"
"Take you Em-", he stopped, looking at me. I froze.