~Alone~

Hey there! The next chapter is here again! It took me less than I thought😆 Although I can't say that it's a good chapter as I hadn't the proper time to write. Anyway! Remember that every story becomes better with music, so put your playlist on and enjoy! Don't forget to leave a comment about your thoughts, you are the greatest motivation for a writer. Enjoy! <3

Los Angeles, September

  The clock on the grey wall is ticking, yet time's not flying. He told me to wait here until he'll come back in any minute.
  I preferred to come here, in LA, rather than London. Privacy is higher here, as it is a really big city.

"So, Mrs. Clarke.", he said entering his office. "I have the results of your last week's exams in my hands. Are you ready?"

"Yes, please."

"Well...", he sat on his office chair and opened the file he was holding moments now. "Oh."

"What is it? Is it...", my words stuck in my throat.

"Unfortunately, Mrs. Clarke. It's negative."

  I closed my eyes and I felt relief. I took a deep breath and opened them again, looking at the doctor. "No. It's fine."

"Are you- are you sure? I mean, a pregnancy is a great thing for a woman.", he said, confused to see my reaction to the news.

"Yes, I am."

"Okay then. I suppose the results are what you expected.", he smiled to me and stretched out his hand on an attempt to shake mine. "I guess we're done here. It was a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Clarke."

  Mirroring his gesture, I also stretched out my hand and shook his own.
"It was a pleasure for me too, doctor. Thank you." I stood up and walked to the door. "Have a nice day." And with that I left the office.

  Rainy. Good. Okay, I'll get in my car and drive back home. Everything is gonna be alright.
Fortunately...
To be honest, I was starting to get used to that idea. Having a baby.... Nah. It's better this way. I guess...

  As I was walking down the street, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my bag and pressed the green button.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's me. Just arrived at the house.", Lola said from the other side.

"Oh, great. How was you walk?"

"Fine, but that's not the point. So?!"

"No.", told her, nervously, looking at my feet, in a low voice.

"What do you mean 'no'?"

"I'm not.", I whispered.

Some seconds passed before I get her response.
"Oh."

"Yeah..."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Never been better...", I said looking at my hand that I placed on my stomach without thinking and I pulled it back immediately.

"Okay... Em?"

"Yes?"

"Will you be okay on Monday? I mean- You know what I mean."

"Absolutely. Don't worry. Besides, you will be with me, remember? I'll be okay."

"Okay then... Well, hurry up, I'm cooking for ya!"

"You spoil me! I'm on my way." I smiled.

"Great, I'm waiting. Bye!"

"Bye!"
I hung up the phone and started walking to my car.
  No. Monday will be fine. I mean, we will have fun and we will laugh, and dance, and maybe we will get some awards, and... it'll be just fine.