~Family~

*knock knock* Hello there👀! Something between losing the chapter and then writing it again, and the thing that's called writer's block, is pretty much what actually happened here! This chapter came with great love and effort, I really hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did :) I'd love to hear about your favourite moment in it, or just your thoughts about this part! Feedbacks are literally the GREATEST motivation for a writer and I'm deeply grateful for ALL the comments so far :) So, favourite playlist on and enjoy!
............................................................................

Emilia

"I'm pregnant."

I said it. I finally did it. And now he knows. But at least, I'll know too soon.

"You-", he said, taking away the fist he previously placed on his mouth, but couldn't finished his sentence as fresh tears came down his red cheeks. His palm now covered his lips. I nodded. No, this is not a dream. It's more real than I truly expected it to be.
Suddenly, his hand dropped slowly on his side, revealing one of these rare small smiles I so much adore. He took a step forward. And then another. He was now in front of me and I didn't know if I had to say anything or do. And then, my heart stopped.
His warm palm covered my belly, causing me to lose the rhythm of my breath. My eyes fell on his hand and he slightly pressed that spot, as if his one palm was able to hug what it could be inside.
A shudering breath left my lips. My own hand came up to cover his and a chuckle then escaped from the both of us.

"Is that any joke? Cause if it is, just know it's a very bad one and not funny at all, Clarke.", he said in a thick voice, trying to speak through his tears. His smile never leaves his heart shaped lips.

I looked at him and shook my head. "No. It's not." My voice sounded more like a whisper, my smile became wider, and more tears came down my cheeks.

"Why were you hiding it from me? Isn't it the paper I found this morning?", he asked me.

"I don't know.", I answered back, not even sure how to pick the right words.

"Can you imagine how happy you're making me right now?", he told me in a choking voice.

"What? You- you're okay with it?", I asked, confused. "I thought-"

His both hands came up to hold my head, interrupting me and looking me straight in the eyes.
"What you thought, is never going to happen." He came closer and caressed my cheeks with his thumbs.
"Thank you.", he whispered on my lips as he leaned forward and kissed me gently. I wasn't able to stop smiling then. It was really impossible. What have I done to deserve you, Kitten?

...

"No, Kit.", I said when I heard his question, which brought me back from the lovely memory of what had happened a couple of days ago, now trying to control my giggles. "That's not possible yet. It's barely in the size of a raspberry."

"A raspberry?", he said confused, lifting his head from my still flat stomach to look at me.

"Yes.", I answered, smiling, as I ran my fingers into his fine dark curls. "That's what the doctor said."
December was almost over. So was this year. Heavens, what a year.
My monthly appointment was yesterday. Dr. Edwards assured me that I was in the ninth week of my pregnancy, which meant two whole months, and a week after. He told me the little one was like a raspberry now growing in my body.
The whole thing sounded so strange then. I was really pregnant.

"You know, I find it somehow funny.", Kit said, dragging my attention out of my thoughts.

"What?", I asked confused.