~What are you doing?~

"Repeat after me, please. I, Kit,"

"I, Kit,"

"Take you, Rose,"

"Take you Em-", he stopped, looking at me. I froze. "-Rose,"

"to be my wife."

"-to be my wife."

Maisie putted her hand on my knee in a fast move, her eyes widened, looking at Kit.
"Em?" Sophie whispered, confused.
I had nothing to say. My blood run cold.
"I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health."

"I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health." His eyes travelling to me.

"I will love and honor you all the days of my life."
He hesitated. Hands relaxed a bit, as if he wanted to let hers down. He took a deep breath, returning his gaze to his soon-to-be wife.
"I will love and honor you all the days of my life."

"I named you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Okay. That's enough.

"Exuse me." I said to Sophie, trying to pass.
"Where the hell are you going? Everyone is looking at you. Sit down please.", she whispered.
"I'm sorry, I have to go outside." My feet walking  faster than I expected, I approached the entrance hearing whispers from behind.

                                       •+++•

  "Damn you, Emilia." I said to myself. Why am I a coward? I should be there too. I can handle it, of course I can! Besides, I promised to him that I'll be by his side. I'm going in.

  The moment I decided to return, the front door of the church opened wide and people started to walk out. I can feel every pair of eyes on me as they're walking around me. Sophie then walked out with Maisie, approaching and looking at me with wide eyes.

"What the hell, Em?! Are you okay? What happened?!"
"I'm fine, don't worry. I just needed some fresh air, that's all."
"I don't know what is going on with you, but Kit went crazy when you left." Maisie said looking at the crowd outside. "God, that's a lot of people out there."

"Wait, what?" My stomach is twisting. "What do you mean?"
"He was pale as hell and sweating, looking at the direction you left. Rose looked mad tho. She was trying so hard to get his attention.", Sophie mentioned, chuckling at her words.

"Oh. Well, I don't know what happened. I hope he's better now." Fuck.
"Yeah, I hope that too." Sophie's eyes on me.
"Okay. Umm.. what now?", I said cleaning my throat with eyes looking at anywhere but Sophie.
  Clapping hands got our attention, people make space for the couple. I immediately got back, allowing others to go in front. I was never more thankful for my tiny body. I hope I'll remain hidden from photographers here. From all of them. From him, if it needed.

  They are walking out of the church, both smiling at the crowd. She grabbed his hand, he looked at her surprised, but he did what she was asking. People cheering, smiling at them and wishing happiness. He was trying to find my eyes. No, Kit. Not now.

  They were in front of the car, Kit's opening the door for her, when the crowd started to yell at them, wanting them to kiss.
  He finally found me. His lips parted, as if he was to say something. I shook my head saying no to him.
"Kiss, kiss, kiss!"
His eyes still on mine.
"I can't." He moved his lips so I was the only one to see these words. My breath is fading. Please go, Kitten.

  He said something to her when she approached him for the kiss, regretting her move.
  He helped her to get in the car and went for his seat. As soon as he was in, the car started to move, going more and more away, fast.

What are you doing, Kit?