~Late~

Hello! Here it is! The next chapter came. My exams are over sooo... I hope it worth the wait <3 Remember that every story becomes better with music, so put your playlist on and enjoy! Don't forget to leave a comment about your thoughts, you are the greatest motivation for a writer. Enjoy! <3

The sound of the birds flying upon my head is so peaceful. The Italian sun is warming my body. It was exactly what I needed right now. Away from my responsibilities and work. Somewhere I could finally breathe. Away from reality.
August. I hadn't realized how the last month passed. July was not really gentle to me, emotionally. Fortunately, my friends got me out of that cloud and brought me here. An actual paradise. I can not understand why I refused at first.
A whole month without a single sign of him. Besides, this is how things should have been from the beginning. Right...?
He tried to find me a couple of times. I won't lie. But I never picked up the phone. I know that if I will, this shit will start all over again. I'll hurt him and myself again.
I don't know how long I'm laying down here, on the warm sand of this amazing beach. I opened my eyes and just then I realized that clouds were covering slowly the sun that previously was shining for us all. Small raindrops started falling on my body.

"Em! Emilia?!" My best friend Lola was calling me from the porch of our villa behind me.

"I'm coming!", I shouted back at her and wore my dress, gathering my towel and sunglasses, as I saw her getting in. I climbed the stairs and got in the house through the glass door.

"What were you doing all this time outside, Em? The weather is getting worse.", she asked me, from the kitchen at my right.

"Oh, I didn't notice.", I said, approaching the counter and sat on the stool, as I put a grape in my mouth.

"You didn't noticed? Are you kidding me?" She stopped cutting the fruits in front of her and looked at me.

"Yeah- no, I'm not. I was thinking."

"You fell asleep you mean.", a smirk appeared on her face.

"Shut up! I didn't!", I said, laughing.

"Look who remembered us! Miss the-sun-is-my-friend! How lovely!", my friend Oliver said, grabbing an apple in front of me.

"Oh come on! Who can resist such a lovely weather?!", I told him frowning, pointing the glass door with my hand.

"Emilia.", he stopped and turned to look at me. "It's raining."

"Yeah? Well, it wasn't before.", I said, defending myself with a sad smile on my face.

"I- Oh my god, whatever.", he said turning his back to us and heading to the other room of the house, where the dining table was. "Just you two come to the table, dinner is ready." And then he disappeared, with the apple still on his hand.

"Okay! Let's go then." I told to her, giggling, and stood up to go inside.

"Emilia.", Lola stopped me. Something in the tone of her voice made me to freeze and I stopped without turning to look at her.
"He called again."

I closed my eyes and replied to her, my back still on her view.
"Oh."

"Yeah..." She approached me. "Emilia-"

"We better go inside. They are waiting for us.", I interrupted her and after some seconds and started walking to where our friends were.

•+++•

"Oh my god, guys, this is delicious.", I said, preparing one more bite to eat with my fork.

"You like it? It's a new recipe.", my friend Gracie said, smiling.