Chapter 17 - Married Couple?

Sunday...

Just as I promised, Miyoko and I head out to go shopping.

She had been sulking the other day...but today she is in high spirits.

"You want to go to the department store, right?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

"It feels like it's been a while since I've gone shopping with you, Mina!" she said in a happy tone.

"Yeah...that's true."

"Hehe! I'm excited!"

(she seems to be having fun,That makes me happy, as well.)

However, it has been a while since I've been to the department store. We walked into a torrent of people heading the opposite way, they hassle and bustle of city makes my head a bit dizzy

And my sense of direction is hazy.

"Umm...I think we need to go straight." I said we we scroll down to my phone gps map

"No! We need to turn at that signal..." she said while pointing into the traffic signal

Trying to show me the way, she draws close to me.

Our hands slightly touch.

"Kyah!"

"Kyah?"

(why is she so jumpy today and she's suddenly distancing herself from me...)

"W-we need to cross this road to get to the department store, Mina," she wallowed as she averts my gaze at her.

"O-owkey..."

"Come on, Mina. Did you forget the way?"

"Right, sorry, sorry."

I notice that she had returned to her usual cheerful self.

(W-what was that all about?)

"We're here."

Arriving at the department store, the entrance is overflowing with customers and excitement buzzes in the air.

In fact.

"It's a bit crowded in here, don't you think?"

"Well, it's probably because it's Sunday, don't you think?"

"Sarcasm is unbecoming of you." She said narrowing her brow

Then I noticed a lot of people in front of a store from a distant.

(What's that signboard...? Are they having an event...?)

As we walk towards it.

"Hm? What's this? Let me see..."

She picked up a brochure from the floor and read.

"Special promo for married couples only?"

"Oh! It says, All married couples will have 30% off of their purchases'!"

"So, that's why it's this crowded."

On closer examination, most of the bustling crowd is made up of happy-looking couples.

Perhaps, due to the excitement of a sale, most of the woman here in the department store seem especially enthusiastic.

"That's too bad then, since we're not married."

"Come on, let's go, Miyoko."

Saying this, I try to lead her into the department store...but she doesn't budge.