Epilogue 2

The days after she left for the island fly by. And I got to visit her whenever I can find the time. Shuffling from college and jumping from odd job to the other to prepare for our future. We are handling our long distance relationship just fine.

And in the spring.

Waking up early I took up the 10 hour Perry ride to Shinjuku Island.

"Whew...We're nearly there I can see the island from here." I said while leaning over the deck.

The island coming into view is now a familiar sight for me.

(The thought of seeing her makes this 10-hour long trip worth it.)

(Wait for me, Miyoko...)

A few minutes later I arrive on the island.

The island may be small but the seaside is bustling with people from all over the country Shinjuku Island seems to be a popular tourist spot. The wet market is selling all kinds of fish that can only be found near this island.

I took a small tricycle ride to the only school on this island took up the usual road to her school. The roads are rough but it only took me 15 minutes to get there.

Arriving at the school took a deep breath exhaling the fresh air and perking myself up, my heart seems to have calmed down a bit it's been 6 months since my last visit but every time is like the first to me, I still feel a bit nervous but mostly excited to see her.

In the distance...

"Okay, Next runners get ready!"

In the school grounds, the track team is practicing. And of course, Miss Miyoko Neyane is in charge.

Sitting near the stand I watched her while she chats with her students.

"Hm. Aikawa, you should try raising your knees a bit more when you run!"

"Okay! I'll try!" said Aikawa

"What about me, Miss?"

"Ah Ito! You beat your best time, didn't you?"

"I can see you have been working at your sprint practice. Well done!"

"Ehehehe~" blushed little Junji.

"Oh, that's right! Thank you for the other day, Miss!"

"Thank me? For what?"

"That thing you taught us about how to sleep in class without being caught..."

(what are you teaching to your students?!)

"E-Endo! Shh! Don't say that where people can hear you!"

I can hear the students excited babbly all the way from over here.

It warms my heart to see it.

(ahahaha! It looks like Miss Neyane is hard at work...)

Then...

"Hm?"

She's looking at my direction, but I unconsciously look behind me forgetting that i'm here to see her.

"Ah! Right!"

It appears that she had spotted me where I sit from the stand. She ran over with a huge smile on her face.

"Mina!!!"

I immediately stand up and run away from her.

"Why are you running?! Why are you running?!"