Chapter 2

It had been a few days since Eva showed up around the clubhouse but when she did Opie's mood was considerably better. He was sitting on the worn sofa watching as Tig told a wildly animated and raunchy story. Eva stopped to follow along, a smile on her face and stood, eagerly listening, until he finished.

"Oh," Bobby groaned when he saw her. "It's today, isn't it?"

Eva nodded. "Can't go?"

"No," Bobby shook his head. "I gotta head out, I got shows this weekend."

"Okay, I can get it for you if you have the cash," she shrugged. His expression told her that Bobby did not have the money. "I can't front," she said apologetically.

"I'll get it," he huffed. "If I don't get my kid his asthma meds Precious is gonna have my ass."

Eva rolled her eyes, sure he'd get some nasty words in his face but he should have been more concerned with his child's health than anything else. "Ya know, your kid being able to breath is kind of important too."

Bobby looked at Eva, "I know. Kid is number one but not hearing Precious bitch me out is a close second."

"I'm sure it is," she gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Do you have Happy's money?"

"I'm not that shitty," he said to her. "Just give me a minute." He turned and headed toward Clay, passing Opie on the way. "Why don't you go for a ride? Eva's gotta head to Honey's to pick up meds for me, Piney and Hap. I gotta head to Tahoe and Hap isn't coming back down for a few more days."

"She's going alone?" He asked, glancing at Eva who stood, swaying, with her eyes locked on her phone.

"No, idiot, that's why you're going," Bobby chuckled. "We haven't seen problems but Honey gets some assholes sneaking around."

"It ain't safe to send her alone," Opie agreed.

"Maybe you could hit it," Bobby said quietly. "Five years is a long time, brother."

Opie tensed and huffed, still too committed to working on what was left of his marriage to think about it...until Bobby mentioned it of course. He chuckled and shook his head, shoving Bobby in toward Clay again.

"Hey," Opie said as he approached Eva. "You're going up to Honey's right?"

"I am," she glanced up from her phone. "I gotta get your dad's meds and pick up stuff for Bobby's kid and Happy's mom."

"Yeah, I'm gonna go up with you," he mumbled. "Honey said she's had some problems. It's just safer, these guys see you and they're gonna think they can get something from you."

Looking up at him she smiled. "Aren't you a sweetheart."

"Public service," he shrugged, "It's what we do."

"I'm not getting on that death trap," she said quickly. "Your bike, I won't. I'm terrified."

"It's not bad," he chuckled.

"No?" Eva lifted her leg to show him the scar on her ankle from the first, and only, time she ever sat on a motorcycle. "This was the last time I ever accept a ride home from any of you guys."

Opie looked at her leg and grimaced. "Muffler burn."

"Yep," she pouted a little. "I know it's my fault but it freaking hurt so I'm sticking to four wheels and a door from now on."

Smirking a little he nodded. "I can follow."

"You can ride with me," she suggested as Bobby made his way back toward Eva.

He hesitated briefly but eventually shook his head. "I miss my bike, I'll just follow behind."

Eva shrugged. "Party pooper." She was hoping to get to know the mysterious Opie but it looked like she'd have to wait a little longer. "See if you can keep up." Eva joked as she took the envelope of cash from Bobby.