Chapter 12

"I never went to these things with Donna," Opie huffed awkwardly as they waited in the exam room.

Eva hated the mention of Donna but she had to understand, she was the mother of Opie's first two children, her baby's siblings. She refused to put any more stress on the situation than there already was.

"Well, I appreciate you coming along today."

"Of course," he mumbled.

The doctor came in with a smile, talking quickly and more animated than Opie was used to or comfortable with. He tuned out most of Eva and the doctor, lost in his thoughts, until the doctor clapped his hands excitedly.

"Let's hear that baby's heartbeat!"

Eva laid back and lifted her shirt so the doctor could find the heartbeat. Suddenly a swift swishing sound filled the room and Eva's mouth turned into a sunny smile.

"That's it. There's your baby!"

She looked at Opie with joy, her eyes brimming with tears, but noticed he wasn't exactly as thrilled as she was.

"You okay?" She asked him quietly as the doctor scribbled some notes.

"Yeah," he forced a smile. "Just uh, crazy shit," he chuckled nervously. "Sorry."

"It's fine," she shrugged. "I get it."

"I'll see you in four weeks," the doctor said to her. "You're right on track, just keep up with the vitamins and if you have any questions or concerns please call the office."

Eva shook the doctor's hand and watched as Opie did, still with a look of shock on his face. She tapped his arm lightly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "I want this I just don't want it to go the same way as before."

She nodded, her chin trembling. "Yeah, I get that. I'd prefer this didn't go the way my last relationship did but you know I'm not gonna be a weirdo about it."

He laughed and nodded. "Sorry."

"Stop apologizing," she said softly. "I'm not Donna and you're not Johnny so let's just be us. Remember beer and pizza and talking and lots of sex?"

"Yeah," he smiled, a genuinely happy smile, "I do."

"Did you like that?"

"I loved it," he laughed.

"Good, so let's go do that shit," she shrugged. "No beer for me though," Eva said as she hopped off the table.

"I'll take yours," he laughed. "We should tell my old man."

"Yes, I hate the secret, it makes the whole thing seem so shameful." She grabbed her purse and hesitated just short of opening the door again. "You should tell Donna, Ope. Better than her finding out randomly or something, out of respect and to keep the peace," she suggested.

"Sure," he lied boldly. Opie knew no matter how she found out there would be no peace so it made no sense to start the suffering early. "I'll tell her when I see the kids this weekend."

Arriving at the clubhouse Opie had second thoughts about sharing the news with Piney there. It would easily get out, within seconds, but Eva was so excited to finally tell someone and be able to celebrate. He noticed she was already touching her tiny belly, it seemed even without thinking, and he knew eventually everyone would have to know but he was terrified of Donna finding out.

"Hey," Eva waved her hand in his face. "You here?"

"Yeah," he said, taking her hand as they walked toward the clubhouse.

Eva couldn't shake the suspicion that Opie wasn't as okay with everything as she was. "You know what, let's wait. You should still tell Donna, out of respect, but we can keep it from everyone else until you're ready."

"No," he said firmly, although he was surprised by her efforts to keep him comfortable. "It's time. I want them to know. Everyone."

"Really?" She asked, biting her lower lip.

"Yeah," he said, leaning down to kiss her. "Plus we could use that pool money for baby shit."

Eva laughed loudly. "You're so charming, Ope, in a trashy biker way."

"If I'm trashy, what's that say about you?"

"Low standards," Eva said as Opie swung open the steel door for her.

No one really looked twice, it was just Opie and Eva, but when they came closer Tig noticed their hands clasped together.

"I thought we were gonna split that money," he whined loudly. "We had a deal!"

"You're the worst," Eva laughed loudly. "And we never agreed to that. Did we?"

"I think we did," Opie huffed. "But we need it, babies are expensive as shit," he said with a shy grin.

"Babies?" Juice asked, truly confused by the statement. "Who's having a baby?"

"Ya dumbass," Chibs laughed, smacking Juice upside the head, "She's knocked up."

"So he won the money?" Juice asked, the important parts of the revelation going right over his head.

"Yeah, he won the money idiot," Jax laughed as he passed Juice on his way to congratulate Opie. "Didn't expect this big public declaration."

"Yeah me neither," Opie shrugged.

"My boy," Piney cheered loudly, making his way over to Opie and Eva. "Don't screw this one up," he advised harshly as he hugged his son.

"I hope you approve," Eva said to Piney anxiously.

"Not for you," Piney laughed. "You could do better."

They hugged and Eva felt tears of joy rolling down her face. She knew Piney was only teasing Opie with all those comments but they made her feel good, welcome and accepted.

"Guess I have to hire another nurse," Gemma said to Clay as they stood back and watched the mini celebration.

"Nah, if she wants to stay on just keep cycling our cash through the family," Clay advised.

"Good idea," she remarked.

"You married me for my big brain," he laughed heartily.

Gemma smirked and turned to kiss him. "Well, I didn't marry you for your dick."

As they playfully bantered by the bar the younger guys toasted Opie with shots and Bobby began to count the cash for Opie. They kept adding cash as time went by, every week more and more money went into the pool, until they didn't even know why they were betting. It was an exercise in futility and many of the members assumed they'd cash it in for something new for the clubhouse...until Opie pranced in with a pregnant Eva.

"So you and Donna?" Bobby asked Opie quietly. "I'm going to go ahead and hope you two broke it off?"

Opie nodded. "I'm out of the house, I gotta tell her I'm filing but she knows we're done. Eva happened before she came back but she's still gonna be pissed."

"Yeah she is," Bobby huffed. "Take it from me, she won't not be pissed at you from now on."

"She was pissed our whole marriage," Opie reminded Bobby. "How much did I make off this thing?"

"You're walking outta here with $850.00."

"Shit," he laughed. "Anyone asks, say it's a thousand. It'll piss em' off and Eva will love it."

Bobby agreed, thinking it was sweet to see Opie so enamored after being so miserable. After Bobby handed over the cash he and Opie rejoined the group.

"I kind of love this," she remarked quietly to Opie. "It is always this great? When you're more than just a friend?"

Opie nodded, placing a heavy hand on the small of her back. "It is. It's why I won't ever leave. They're my family and they're yours now too."

If anyone is a fan of Mayans MC I started a Mayans story, Blood and Water!