Chapter 28

There was no time for a long goodbye. Opie kissed Eva quickly and rushed out of the room again when Jax and the others came for him.

"Who?"

"This bitch." Handing him the photo, Jax continued walking down the hallway with the others following closely.

"Her?" Opie stopped short. "She's friends with Eva, Simone, I think. She did this?"

"Her name is Simone Wallace," Juice explained. "The day Johnny killed himself they lost their kid."

"Jesus Christ." Opie felt a rush of emotion. "She seemed so fucking normal." In retrospect she never gave him any inkling that she was capable of anything so horrific.

"Guess till she lost her baby," Jax huffed. "We got her address, it's our only shot."

Simone's was not far from Eva's and knowing Harry could have been that close the whole time infuriated Opie.

"How do you want to do this?" Chibs asked Jax and Opie.

"I'm just gonna knock," Opie said quickly. "She didn't try to hurt me, maybe I can play her?"

"She tried to set you up for murder, Ope," Jax growled. "You're not just knocking."

"That's my kid, it's my call," Opie snapped back. He immediately started walking toward the house trying desperately to keep himself calm when all he wanted to do was kick down the door and take back his son.

He knocked, his rings clanking against each other a bit, and listened closely for anything from the other side.

Stealthily, Jax and Juice made their way around the sides of the house, peeking in windows as best they could. That was when Juice saw him. Little Harry was in the dining room, the swing he was in moved lazily back and forth while he slept soundly.

"Who is it?" Simone asked cautiously.

"It's me," Opie said with a cheerful tone. "They let me out. That baby is gonna need a father, Simone."

Juice stayed by that window while he texted Opie. He'd need to know where the boy was if things got dangerous and to make a quick get away if necessary.

The door opened a few inches. "Go away."

"Where is he?"

"He's sleeping," she snapped. "He needs his rest, he's just a baby."

"Yeah he is," Opie sighed. Seeing she wasn't going to buy into his lies and having read Juice's text, he tweaked his plan.

"Simone," he sighed.

"What?"

She peeked out the crack and that's when Opie slammed his foot into the door with every last iota of strength he could muster. The wood cracked loudly and Simone fell back, the force from the kick dazing her as the door came down on top of her.

From the dining room, Opie heard Harry wailing, the clattering and commotion waking his with a terrifying start. Ignoring Simone's moans, he moved swiftly and scooped his son up from the swing.

"I'm so sorry." He spoke softly to the child and cuddled him close in an attempt to comfort him. "I'm here buddy, Dad's here. We're gonna go see Mom. I'm gonna take you home."

Once Simone attempted to get up, Jax stepped on the door and pinned her against the floor. "Stay down you crazy bitch."

"That's my baby!" She bellowed. "Please don't take my baby!"

Jax shook his head. "Juice, call Unser."

Carrying his son in his arms, Opie went back into the living room. "Thank you," he said to the others.

"You took care of my family when I couldn't."

"Please don't take him," Simone whimpered.

Opie grit his teeth. "He's my son. You're a crazy bitch, you pretended to be Eva, you tried to kill her!"

She began to struggle, groaning and grunting, but she was easily subdued until Unser and Hale arrived.

"Is he okay?" Hale asked before even attempting to arrest Simone.

Glaring at Hale, Opie shook his head and simply walked out of the house. Chibs followed him out, leaving Juice and Jax to handle business with Unser and Hale.

"You alright?" Chibs asked.

"I'm fine," he huffed. "I have to get him back to Eva."

And that was immediately what he did, despite Hale and Unser begging him to stay for a quick conversation. Tara met Opie at the ER entrance and quickly checked the baby over before letting him finally return to his mother's arms.

"He's dehydrated," Tara said. Seeing his concern she quickly tried to ease his worries. "He's fine, it's minor, and we can take care of that when he's up with Eva."

"Thank you," Opie said quickly. "You're the only reason we found him, Tara."

"I'm glad I could help," she smiled.

He smiled and nodded before taking off toward the elevator. Opie's heart raced as he made his way to Eva's room, he knew how thrilled she would be to have Harry back and officially be able to say their nightmare was over.

Opening the door he saw Piney in the visitor's chair holding Eva's hand as she spoke in low whispers. "Look who it is, buddy," Opie said.

"Ope?" She looked away from Piney and saw him there with their son, she could hardly believe it. "Is he okay?"

"He's perfect," Opie beamed. "He just needs his mom," Opie said. Placing the baby gently in Eva's arms Opie then sat on the edge of the mattress, his arm over the top of the bed, and watched as little Harry smiled up at his mother and father.

"No one is ever going to take you again," Eva whispered to him. "I love you, I'm so sorry, baby."

Piney nudged Opie and slipped him the ring, he made sure he had it for this very occasion, before stepping out of the room without a word.

"Thank you," she said as she glanced up at Opie. "You saved my life and you saved our son."

He didn't say anything, there was nothing to say. As he leaned down to kiss her his eyes filled with tears, he presented her with the ring, again. There was no need to say the words, she knew what he was doing as he held the ring out to her between his thumb and index fingers.

"I will so totally marry you, Opie."

--

Vote and comment prettttty please! xoxox