8.

The next few days passed by, and were pretty uneventful. I got to know Hayden a little more, though, and decided he really wasn't that much of an asshole. 

"Could you just throw those eggs in and stir em' up for me?" He said, licking some whipped cream off his thumb. I do as he says, though a little too vigorously, sending the egg mixture splattering all over the place. 

"You had one job." He says lowly, wiping some egg off his forehead. All I could do was laugh.

"Oops."I shrug, and his eyebrows rise. 

"Oops, huh?" He moves slowly to the whipped cream bowl, and I give him a warning. 

"Don't. Hayden, I swear to-" he flicks the spoon, and whipped cream lands on my hair and sweater. 

"Oops." he smiles slyly, and that was all it took to start the war. 

He holds on to my hands before I could spill the olive oil on him, and I get a feel of just how strong he is when he manages to swiftly lift me and set me on the kitchen island with just one arm, his other arm keeping my hands in place

"You're a mess." He chuckles, looking all over my face. I laugh along with him, and when his fruity breath hits my face, I realize how close we were at that moment. He uses his finger to wipe some whipped cream off my cheek, then sucks it clean. 

I feel something inside of me I could barely subdue. 

"Zoey?" I look to my right and see Truitt standing in utter confusion, too distracted by the mess than how intimate me and Hayden looked right then. Hayden immediately steps away from me, avoiding my eyes. 

"I should probably clean this up before your parents get home. I'll just order in." he says, and I offer to help but he shakes his head profusely. 

"What was that?" Truitt asks when we enter the safety of my room.

"We were trying to cook dinner for my parents and things got a little...wild." I giggle in a daze. It was the most fun I'd had in a while.

"Yeah. Wild. Okay. Wanna explain to me how you went from hating that guy's guts a few days ago, to flirting with him in the kitchen?" He squints, his arms gesturing to the wall.

"I'm sorry, flirting? Are you seriously jealous right now? You should be happy, you're the one who started out loving the guy." I scoff.

"You were inches away from kissing him, Zoey! What would've happened if I didn't get here in time, huh?!"

I blink a few times, my mind wandering to all the possible outcomes.

"Nothing!"

"You hesitated. You fucking hesitated-" he paces, sighing in frustration.

"You're being a dick, just drop it, Tru!"

"I'm being a dick?! So I'm not allowed to feel the slightest bit concerned that you almost made out with that guy?! Who is, just to remind you, literally old enough to be your dad!"

It was a screaming match, which nobody was winning.

"Nothing was going to happen!"

"Fuck that, I'm not fucking dumb, Zoe-"

"Wait just stop. Stop it. Stop screaming." I talk over him, suddenly feeling all my energy leave me. I sigh, sitting down on the bed. Tears spring to my eyes before I could help it.

"I'm sorry." I say softly.

There's about 10 seconds of silence between us. I stare at my hands the whole time, and he stands still.

He lets out another sigh, walking over to me.

"Whatever. Just.." I look up at him, waiting for the end of his sentence, but he only shakes his head.

"Make it up to me."

"What?" I knew exactly what he meant.

He says nothing, but unzips his jeans.

"Tru, not now-"

"Make it up to me. Make me forget whatever happened."

"Nothing happen-"

"Make it up to me." He repeats again, his hand cupping the back of my head, fingers curling, tangling between my strands enough to hurt with every movement while his other hand reached down his boxers. My mouth went dry. My heart begins to race as the anxiety builds up within my chest.

"Make it up to me."